'63 Hawk ready for paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Hawk ready for paint

We moved the Hawk to the paint booth today and finished masking it.

We paint it tomorrow. Film at 11.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Good luck on the paint tomorrow. I wish I had the patience to do all the prep work like you have.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Good luck on the paint tomorrow. I wish I had the patience to do all the prep work like you have.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

I meant to ask you, Dick, do your small lights on top of the front fenders work? I've seen very few of them actually working but they're neat when they do. That was always the first thing I fixed when I bought another Gran Turismo.

Comment

I meant to ask you, Dick, do your small lights on top of the front fenders work? I've seen very few of them actually working but they're neat when they do. That was always the first thing I fixed when I bought another Gran Turismo.

Comment

I forgot to add, your car is going to be beautiful and I hope you will send photos for TW. When will you be putting it back together? Maybe I can drop in on my way by and lend a hand.

Comment

I forgot to add, your car is going to be beautiful and I hope you will send photos for TW. When will you be putting it back together? Maybe I can drop in on my way by and lend a hand.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

I meant to ask you, Dick, do your small lights on top of the front fenders work?
                Yes, they work fine. I noticed when I tore the car down for paint, however, that the PO had added an additional ground wire from the light socket to the chassis. Perhaps that is the problem with most of them that don't work?

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I meant to ask you, Dick, do your small lights on top of the front fenders work?
                  Yes, they work fine. I noticed when I tore the car down for paint, however, that the PO had added an additional ground wire from the light socket to the chassis. Perhaps that is the problem with most of them that don't work?

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Art...you are always welcome here...even if you don't help wrench on a Stude . We've got plenty of room if it is a good over night stopping point for you.

Paint tomorrow. I'll bring the car home Wednesday AM. Then a couple of days of color sanding and buffing. Then assembly. Seattle Roadster Show this Saturday, but I will hopefully start the assembly on Sunday of this week.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Art...you are always welcome here...even if you don't help wrench on a Stude . We've got plenty of room if it is a good over night stopping point for you.

Paint tomorrow. I'll bring the car home Wednesday AM. Then a couple of days of color sanding and buffing. Then assembly. Seattle Roadster Show this Saturday, but I will hopefully start the assembly on Sunday of this week.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

You're working too fast. I don't come back down that way until after the 11th of March.

Comment

You're working too fast. I don't come back down that way until after the 11th of March.

Comment

No prob. I guarantee I'll still be assembling it. I'm slow [^].

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

No prob. I guarantee I'll still be assembling it. I'm slow [^].

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X