Title for a '54 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title for a '54 Commander

I have a '54 Commander that I purchased years ago without title that's been out of CA DMV's system since '68.

From what I can tell, all the title companies require that a car be register-able in order to obtain a new title.

The problem is my car is a rolling project.

I have a buyer who is willing pay for a new title for the purpose of exporting the car.

What are my options?

Can I purchase a title and tags from another '54 Commander( a parts car perhaps) to appease the transport/shipping companies?

I removed the original tags during disassembly and have them stored for safe keeping.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

do a search on this topic on this forum. This has been discussed many many times. Many have used Broadway title out of Alabama for titles the challange is , does your state except the Ala paperwork for transfer.Now if you are exporting the car ther transport compaies may except the Ala paperwork. It NOT a title per say, it is Ala plates and regestration as Ala does not issue titles on cars that old. Also about a two month wait period for this service.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Visit The H.A.M.B ond do a search on titles. I remember seeing a post there with reviews for a guy in CA that specializes in titles for older cars. he was reasonable and knows the loopholes.

59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
      51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
      27 Ford Roadster
      Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies
      59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
      51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
      27 Ford Roadster
      Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies

Comment

There is no loop hole is dealing with California DMV, just need to have the vin looked at by a police officer, and fill out the papers, also a statement of fact , need to read that you have owner the car for a long time number of years 10-15 ? original tile got lost when you moved, you can request a title only and pay less fees, once that done it take about 1-2 weeks and you have a new one in hand, I do it all the time did 2 ,3 weeks ago and have 3 to do this week or next police officer comes to my shop and does them there what is you vin number might be able to help...Bob

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Aloha Bob,

I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't receive it for some reason. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X