Perfect day to drive a Stude!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect day to drive a Stude!

Almost exactly 2 years to the date of originally getting her running she roars back to life![^]

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Roars? Studebaker 6 cylinder?
    Congradulations.
    Looking forward to seeing you, Rose and your Hawk again.
    Good job.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Of COURSE it roars! We're only replacing parts as we have to so she's still got the inherited exhaust pipe with the cherry bomb muffler we got from Rick. Only one tin-can-and-hose-clamp patch!

Sounds GREAT when you're stopped anywhere there's something to echo off of.

She actually idles so smoothly now I thought I'd stalled once. And we got up the long grade before our exit without dropping below the speed limit for the first time! [8D]

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

I would agree! me and my wife were out in our Avanti. Then a friend came over and we took out my 64 R-2 Commander and the beater 61 wagon to give the cars some road time before we head to the So Bend meet this week. Ed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr Speed 53

I would agree! me and my wife were out in our Avanti. Then a friend came over and we took out my 64 R-2 Commander and the beater 61 wagon to give the cars some road time before we head to the So Bend meet this week. Ed
          If you need to give that Avanti some road time, I know somebody who could drive it around for a while...[8D] lol

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
          Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
          1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris I feel my cars would be in good hands with you and happy another generation cares for these cars. Ed

Comment

Rose and Fred: You guys are the greatest, others that hit the problems you had, would've abandoned the car, the club and anything to do with the hobby. So I want you to know how proud I am of knowing you both.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Thanks Dick!
                As most Stude owners know, these cars don't like to be awakened from their sleep. Especially if it's been more than 10 years. We had a good idea of what we were in for. Upgraded the brakes to Lark drums, new master, rebuilt starter, water pump, 2 coils, complete tune up, then a wiring harness, and finaly an over due engine rebuild.
                We've had a lot of fun, met some great people, and will continue to enjoy the insanity that comes with Stude ownership!

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

Working...
                X