Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option no Avanti owner should be without!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option no Avanti owner should be without!

I honestly didn't know that they made one for the Avanti! Saturday morning going to the garden centre with a trailer to pick up some shrubs becomes a whole new concept.

Jim B on PEI
    63 Wagonaire 259 o/d
    57 Champion W4 o/d
    57 Champion W4 automatic
    57 Commander W4 automatic

We found this image a few years ago, got inspired, and bought an Avanti hitch from Skip! We'd like to find a small fiberglass travel trailer to tow, as our smallest Airstream (18') is still pretty heavy for the Avanti. ~Lori

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

"The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

I want to put a hitch on my 54, to tow parts to swap meets, etc.. It will have no problem with 400 foot pounds of torque from the 383![}]

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
      1954 Champion Coupe
      Lizella, GA
      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
      Lizella, GA

Comment

It was $40-$50 option on Avanti II's, depending on what model year it was offered. Most, if not all model years it was chrome plated. These were listed as "boat trailer" hitches...I guess it sounded more upscale than simply as a "trailer hitch" or for utility trailers. It should fit any Stude framed Avanti with the possible exception of later rubber bumper cars.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Now there's a twist on the trailer queen moniker. Maybe, Trailer Cinderella? If it fits on that, it will fit on my frame. [:0]

Comment

Working...
          X