thanks Jerry Forrester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks Jerry Forrester

Someone looking at my 54's master cylinder (Nissan Quest)at a show n'shine the other week asked me where I came up with the idea...my response was I was just crusin' around on the 'net and came across photos of it on another Stude, now after looking at the thread on dual master cylinder hill holder I realize that the photos I was looking at were yours, so thanks for the idea. While I'm at it, your photos don't say what tranny Leo has, and what the heck did the master cylinder for clutch come of off...it looks like a 3rd gen. Camaro, but mine is plastic and your's looks like cast iron. Also, what rearend does Leo have in? I would have PM'd you, but I thought other members would like to know as well. BTW, when do you hope to have Leo on the road? Awesome job so far. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

If Jerry reads this, please remember my rear bumper and front guards. I'm bringing cores to South bend for you )
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by junior

While I'm at it, your photos don't say what tranny Leo has,
      V8, 5 speed, Camaro. I have no idea what year it is. If I can remember, the next time I have it on the rack I'll look for the date code.

and what the heck did the master cylinder for clutch come of off
      Mid 80's C-10, same as S-10, I think.

quote:Also, what rearend does Leo have in?
      Late 80's S-10 two wheel drive. I installed a 4.56 R&P. I had a set of NOS 1954 Chevy car rear springs which are the same length but are 1" narrower than the Stude springs. I installed these with a 1" spacer on the outer part of the shackle and front hanger pins. That gave me a lot more tire clearance.

In this pic you can see the bottom U-bolt plate with the spring tie-bolt hole offset to the front a couple inches. Thats because the Chevy spring is shorter on the front than the Stude spring. Also you can see part of the 1" sway bar I have mounted on top of the axle.

Excuse the raw steel, I'm not finished yet.

quote:BTW, when do you hope to have Leo on the road?
      For the past 5 springtimes I have said "Leo will be finished before the SE Tri-State Meet". Never happened. Maybe this year.

quote:Awesome job so far.
      Thanks

Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Jerry, I tried to find the thread with the info on your R&P install, but had no luck. Could you fill us in??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
        Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

quote:Originally posted by warrlaw1

If Jerry reads this, please remember my rear bumper and front guards. I'm bringing cores to South bend for you )
          I red this. I reed everything, I just don't respond to everything.
          I have your rear bumper and front guards ready to bring with me to SB.
          (Misspellings on purpose so as to be readed easier).[]

Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Jerry, I tried to find the thread with the info on your R&P install, but had no luck. Could you fill us in??
            Slide show.

Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Thanks for the info Jerry, just one more (okay maybe two more) questions. 1. What did you use for the clutch slave cylinder? 2. Is Leo's tranny one of those goofy 'look at me I'm clocked 15 degrees from horizontal' Camaro units, and if it is, did you install it that way? Would be nice to know as this is what I'm working with and was hoping I didn't have to change the tailshaft housing. (oops, maybe that's 2.5 questions). Anyways thanks again for the brake master cylinder idea, it works well.

sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks Jerry, but I already had that slide show bookmarked. Good pics but they don't give any info, like what rack, pump, what brackets to mount the pump, how you solved bump steer, etc. I thought I might have read that in a previous thread but I searched every way I could think of but had no luck.

I think a R&P is a perfect solution for a non-stock Stude. Does away with that problematic assist cobjob[xx(] I want to put R&P on my Daytona.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

quote:1. What did you use for the clutch slave cylinder?
                  I used a mid/late 80's Chevy 1 ton aluminum bell housing. It has an eye molded onto the side to accept the slave cylinder. I don't have a pic of it, I'll get one later and post it.

quote:2. Is Leo's tranny one of those goofy 'look at me I'm clocked 15 degrees from horizontal' Camaro units,
                  Yes, but if you bolt it to a regular bellhousing, it looks like a normal transmission with the mount pad turned 15 degrees (you said 15 degrees, not me, is that right?)

quote:did you install it that way?
                  No. I built an angled bracket to bolt between the mount and the tail housing so the mount sets level. Here's a pic of the batwing crossmember with the bracket to accept the tranny mount.

I'll get a pic of the angled adapter bracket I fabricated later and post it.
                  Pay no attention to that crossmember where the center driveshaft support used to be. I still have to strip it and put satin black on it. How ya like those port holes for my exhaust pipes to go [u]through</u> instead of [u]under</u> the cross member.
                  I wish I had a '56 Golden Hawk batwing crossmember. I was told they are double humped. Sure would make the driver's side exhaust pipe fit better, nicer, prettier. I added the second hump to the one I had in Stella, the '55 Pres 'C' Cp. I drove for years and sold a few years ago. But that was a lot of work. I may still do that to Leo too.

Here's a pic of Stella.

Here's a slide show of Stella.

A good bit of chrome under her hood.

Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Thanks again Jerry. You didn't say what slave cylinder, but I'm now figuring you probably used the full size chevy truck one. An no, you didn't say 15 degrees, I did, and I just estimated that looking at my trans sitting under my workbench. Regards, Junior.

sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks again Jerry. You didn't say what slave cylinder
                      Yeah Junior, the slave is the same as the bell housing, mid 80's one ton Chevy.

Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
                      X