Title papers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title papers.

I've recently bought a 58 Studebaker with a lien Bill of sale from the original owner to the second owner,followed by a Bill of sale to the next owner etc.The car has always been in California,but usually to ship,it needs a Title as well.
    I've been told that a lien Bill of sale may do,but am not sure on this.
    There were several companies that supplied Titles for about $120,but the cheapest today seems to be $395 (Broadway Title Service).
    Does anyone know if the Title is required to ship overseas or is the Lien Bill of sale enough?
    If a title is needed,does anyone know of a better deal than $395?
    I've done some searches,but not found much information.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tony

A.C.Moisley
    A.C.Moisley

International titles. Used em before and been very happy. Their site says $275. http://www.its-titles.com/car_bill_of_sale.html

Regards

Jase

Comment

It would not be that hard to get a good Calif. title using the Lien documents and following the Calif. DMV procedure to obtain a title and then no State or Country could challenge that. It could take a bit of time though, but minimal cost. [^]

You would probably need a trusted friend with a Calif. address to do that, as an out of Country person cannot.

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Tony, where is the 58 now? still in California? or is the lien from out of state? give me more info and I might be able to help, whats the word on Fred's truck??

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Thanks Bob.
          Will email you.

A.C.Moisley
          A.C.Moisley

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buggboy

International titles. Used em before and been very happy. Their site says $275. http://www.its-titles.com/car_bill_of_sale.html

Regards

Jase
            I've used these people for a couple of motorcycles,were very quick, reasoanble price i thought.

Comment

Working...
            X