Rarest Studebaker Ever! (LOL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rarest Studebaker Ever! (LOL)

Anyone spot the "rarest Studebaker ever" on eBay tonight?
    Maybe that's why the seller turned off his email so no one can point out his obvious error.

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

I wonder if it still has its original Ford V8 in it? LOL!

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

It does have the original battery holddown!

Chris Pile
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Evidently it was built with that rare flat tire feature. Not many of those left the factory that way.[]

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Wow! He! sure! does! use! a! lot! of! exclamation! marks! in! his! ad! copy!!!

That said, he's close on the production figure if you mean only 1951 Commander "F" bodies, for they made 8,034 1951 Commander F3 Regal 2-doors and 3,903 1951 Commander F5 State 2-doors....but! I! doubt! that! is! what! he! is! talking! about!!

For! a! total! of! 11,937!! 1951! Commander! F-body! cars!

In all seriousness, he doesn't realize how close he is, since they did build only one 1951 Commander Business Coupe, and it has never been documented or located. If he had that one, it would be "the" rarest 1951!! [8D]!BP!
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If you shovel your way past all the hype, it has potential. It looks neat with that "rubber rake". On the down side it would take a lot of $ to make it like I would want it.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I guess he has not talked to Fonzie the bear lately about his Commander V8 2 Dr. Sedan, the OTHER car like this on the Planet!

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I liked the use of a A/T brake pedal cut in half to work on the standard pedal arms.
                Seems to be all there, and well worth the no reserve opening bid. He didn't have to put all the bs hype in there, the car is too honest looking for that.

JohnP, driving & reviving
                an early Lark
                sigpic
                60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

I don't beleive Jay Leno does have one of those. But if he wanted one, he could afford it.

Jon Stalnaker
                  Editor, Hawk Talks
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Just returned from eyeballing the '51 with another SDC member. Too bad the photographer didn't show the rusted out trunk floor - you can see the gas tank quite clearly.

The floor has large "see through" areas on the both sides of the front seat, and the rockers are basically gone. We think it had been sitting in the mud, as every time a door closed or we rapped on a body panel, large quantities of mud fell on the pavement.

Speaking of body panels, the hood and the passenger door have bondo a quarter-inch thick in several spots. The bumpers and overriders are good, the grille is excellent along with the bullet.

The only good glass is the rear backlight. Both front turn signal lenses are broken. Rear lenses are good. There are only 3 wheel covers, in OK shape. Rims have been painted silver metallic recently.

Most chromed trim is in good shape. Stainless is OK. Dashboard is missing many of the lower parts & trim. Seats are wasted, of course.

Someone has been working on the motor, which does not turn over. There are no spark plugs, but someone stuck a tap in one of the threaded holes on the passenger side of the engine.

We didn't lay down to check out the underneath of the vehicle. Forgot, the trunk springs are in bad shape - doesn't fit tight. Hood doesn't latch, either.

If you need some straight body panels and spare parts, this is a good choice. If you like hard fabrication work - then it will make a decent project.

That's all!

Chris Pile

Comment

WOW! a picture is worth a thousand words. But that doesn't say how many are true. My remark as to worth/honesty was WAY off , , ,

But I still think the Rube Goldberg pedals are a hoot!

an early Lark
                      sigpic
                      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

After looking this car over today with Chris, I'd have to say that the clutch and brake pedals are it's most redeeming feature. Now, if a guy was good at bodywork, and didn't mind replacing the floors/rockers/trunk/radiator splash pan/etc it would make a decent car. I'd rather buy this one and put a V8 in it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item27b146da03

Eric Boyle
                        Packard Engineering, LTD.
                        Wichita, Ks.

<---Posts may contain anywhere from 30-100% sarcasm--->

Comment

I wish ypu luck, Who ever that is.

What a geek.

Dean.

Comment

Well, to put their selling skills into perspective, when we were there to look at it, the guy just showed us where it was, and let us take a look. Didn't come up to us after that, didn't say hi, bye, kiss my a.. or anything. We stayed there probably about 30 minutes looking at the other cars, opening doors, popping hoods, and no one said anything to us. Must not be too interested in selling it, if you ask me.

Eric Boyle
                            Wichita, Ks.

Comment

17 hours to go and it's up to $1500. I think the buyer's going to be rather disappointed.

Eric Boyle
                              Wichita, Ks.

Comment

Working...
                              X