2243 trim code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2243 trim code

I am restoring a 51 c cab. I am painting the truck midnight blue like it came from the plant. I cant seam to figure out how to get paint for the tuck ivory and tuscan tan. I need the tusk ivory to finish painting all the body parts.

Thanks,
    D.A.

Trim and Interior colors are very hard if not impossible to find, there normally were not Paint Co. color chips for minor details like those.

I would just choose a slightly beige, off white with a touch of brown and no one will be able to disprove it correct or not! [^]

The Tusk Ivory only goes on a few places like the grille slot surrounds and bumper stripe, maybe the mirror brackets if equipped.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I also see where everyone says that the One shot paint color ivory is about the closest thing to use but the paint guy does not know of a One shot paint manufacture?

D.A.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dapope

I also see where everyone says that the One shot paint color ivory is about the closest thing to use but the paint guy does not know of a One shot paint manufacture?
        Duplicolor and Plasticote make touch-up spray cans in most Auto colors.
        All Automotive Paint Mfg. mix any color in Pints, Quarts to use in a door jamb paint gun.

Not sure what one-shot is.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

From what I can find one shot is a sign paint that I saw list here that is supposed to be close to the tusk ivory.

Comment

Oneshot is used by pinstripers and is sold by The Eastwood Co. (among others).

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X