vin number location and model and year id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vin number location and model and year id

i just bought a studebaker with no paperwork and was wondering if the vin number is located on passenger side and how i can find out the year and model it is if you can help let me know at theprinceoftime@yahoo.com Thanks Jerry

Jerry

Are you able to post a pic. That would help us advise you where to go and info on the model. Later models were on the inside post of the drivers door between the hinges.

58 Packards
    62 & 63 Larks

Comment

The body tag on the passenger side firewall will tell you year and model. Forward it here for more information

Comment

Technicaly, Studebaker did not have a "VIN" number, but either the engine number or the serial number was used as a vehicle identification number.

Post the body plate numbers (on engine side of cowl), serial number (for most years, somewhere on the driver's door frame) and/or the engine number and we will be able to tell you a lot about the car. I realize that I assumed a car and you didn't state that. If it is a truck, you will probably find an identification plate on the driver's seat riser.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Technicaly, Studebaker did not have a "VIN" number, but either the engine number or the serial number was used as a vehicle identification number.
          On 1965 & 1966 models, the term, "Vehicle Identification Number" was used.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by studegary

On 1965 & 1966 models, the term, "Vehicle Identification Number" was used.

Craig
            I guess that I should have used a qualifier of "US built".

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
            X