1942 Studebaker New Pictures WARNING PICTURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Studebaker New Pictures WARNING PICTURES

It's been awhile since I have posted any pictures of my '42. I have the rear motor mounts basically made, along with the front ones. Everything is now is just tacked in place. As you can see the firewall is cut out of the car. I have the wheel barrow ready to put in it. And then I can sit my steering column in, and hook up the steering. My next project is trying to build the headers. All the news for now, will post again when more is accomplished. Dusty

flamed58.com Dusty Taylor

Dusty Taylor

Looking good Rusty,you are making progress.

Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Powered Streetrod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

very nice work, love the lazy 's' on the mounts. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Junior. You and I must be thinking with the same brain these days.
        On the last three posts I was going to reply to. You have taken the words right out of my mouth before I got to typing. Guess we just notice the same things. Anyways "great looking motor mounts Dusty" if the rest of your build is as nice you will end up with one fine car.
        Nice Work!
        Brian

Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Dusty

Really nice work, Yah just gotta post more often.

Bob

Comment

Great work, keep us posted.

Comment

Always good to see pictures of progress like this. I'll be glad to see this car in Branson some day in the future.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Man-o-man, talk about attention to detail! Beautiful... It don't get much better than that, Dusty! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Sonny
                http://RacingStudebakers.com
                Sonny

Comment

Did you weld and carve those S's yourself? Really neat!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

The question about the lazy S, I cut them out of 3/16" steel plate, and ground them to the shape of the lazy S, bored 2, 1/4 inch holes, through the S and the mount itself. I took 1/4 inch bolts and cut the heads off, welded them into the S, and ground them smooth. That way I can take them off when I do the painting of the frame, and have my son (Brian Taylor) chrome them. Thanks for all the compliments. I try to do good work, but I am not fast. I do hope to have it at the International Meet in Springfield in 2011. It will not be finished, but hope to have it there. I took the motor back out of it today, and started putting the firewall in it. There's a couple of pictures of that. And then there are more pictures of things that I have been doing.. Which is the brake and clutch pedal setup. They're going to be up under the dash. I hope. You can see from the pictures that I have this started, but not finished. The brake booster and master cylinder will be aimed toward the middle of the car, and the hydraulic clutch cylinder will be aimed the opposite direction. You can buy these units already finished from a couple of different companies, but they are expensive, and you know what they say about Studebaker people. I'm trying to order some header flanges, going to try to build some tube headers for it. Thanks again for the compliments Dusty

flamed58.com Dusty Taylor

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I always love the preformed firewall inserts from the Home Improvement center. A great way to save bucks while looking good.

Nicely thought out.

Bob

Comment

You really did use a wheel barrow WOW

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Heck yeah! No lie, I was thinkin' about doing the same thing on my '50. The ONLY thing is that my brand-x buddies would know about it and you can just imagine WHAT the comments would be every time I opened the hood! [)]

Nice work Dusty. Doin' it fast don't make it any better!

Sonny
                          Sonny

Comment

Since one of the founders of the company was called Wheelbarrow Johnny, using a wheelbarrow in a Stude build makes sense. Tell your friends it is OEM from an earlier model.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Love the shot of the spot welds. Reminds me of a backyard wannbe rodder in Copperas Cove, Texas. 5 little spot welds on either side of his front end graft. Front end came off while he was driving down Hwy 190 at about 65 mph. Never saw him, or another of his rods again. Heard he gave up building them after that. One less numb nut on the road! I like the "Lazy S's"!
                              Bo

Comment

Working...
                              X