Wooden Shipping box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Shipping box

Was at an auction today and acquired a genuine Studebaker wooden shipping box/crate. It has the number 535435 stamped on it like maybe a part number. Anybody know what was in this crate? It's big enough to have been maybe a 6cyl engine???

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    '64 Daytona HT
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Google the part number with Studebaker

You have a factory replacement "Stripped Engine" (short block), 535435 is a Studebaker [u]Part Number!</u> $265.25 in 1961 ...
    forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/post.asp?method...REPLY...

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks Anne. I kind of assumed it was a Part Number but didn't have any books to find out what it was. BTW, when I clicked on your link to Google that you put in your response, all I got was your response again from the Forum. Curious where you found out that it was in fact a short block??

'64 Daytona HT
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

A crate like this, or something bigger? This is one of two origional Studebaker crates I got from sasco.

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
        Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
        1963 Prototype moon cart built by Studebaker.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

you guys amaze me with the amount of Study knowlege that is out there just waiting for the questions[?][?][?]
          Good Roads
          Brian

Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

A crate like this, or something bigger? This is one of two origional Studebaker crates I got from sasco.
            Chris, It's hard to see your crate in the dark photos but mine is a reinforced plywood box with Studebaker stamped on the 2 long sides and the part number stamped on one end, It's missing the top and one long side has gotten wet so the plywood is separating on that side but it's still an original shipping crate. Inside dimensions are 13"x15"x32".

'64 Daytona HT
            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Chris: You have a wooden 'parts bin/drawer' from SASCO. These held the part number marked on the front and were on shelves. The wooden box snowy buffalo mentions is an actual wooden crate that the engine was shipped in. stupak

Comment

Does it look like this? I believe the part number (532915) on mine is for a repalcement block for a truck.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary, Yes it looks like the one you have EXCEPT it's not in as nice of condition as yours. Mine came from the estate of a deceased Missouri Highway Patrolman. He and his wife had collected Studebaker items while they were members back in the late 70's thru mid 90's. She told me they got some items from Springfield area the last time the International was there, and also some from my hometown dealership in Higginsville Mo. sometime after it closed. All that was left now since they quit SDC 10-12 years ago was this crate, approx 25 yrs of TW that went to a book vendor to speculate, several shop manuals and parts manuals to another book speculator, and a 3'x5' table full of used small parts. I scored a milk crate loaded with a dozen driver quality wheel covers/hubcaps cheap. Gonna clean them up a bit and eBay them in a few days to cover the price of the crate.
                  \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                  X