Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint code for Riviara Blue?

Hey all,

I got some touch up work to do on my car, and have some paint already (Thanks again Mr.Gower!!!); but I'm going to need a little more. The paint code on the can was torn off and lost on accident (Not to mention the "oh so helpful" counter guy..[xx(] I'm going to a new store on that one). So, does anyone have that?

Thanks!

Dylan

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

If you have any left from the can, Dylan, you should be able to have it matched by one of their computers. Find a better store and bring in a sample on something flat. Copy the code somewhere safe next time so it won't be lost by accident. That always happens! Is Riviera Blue a '61 only color?

Comment

Good idea! I'm far from impressed by this store; its a WESCO chain store.[xx(] Found one up the street from it, and they are very nice in there. They've been there longer than WESCO as well, like 35 years![]

I can't remember at the moment if it is '61 only. Sure is pretty though when the paint is in good shape![8D]

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

If you have any left from the can, Dylan, you should be able to have it matched by one of their computers. Find a better store and bring in a sample on something flat. Copy the code somewhere safe next time so it won't be lost by accident. That always happens! Is Riviera Blue a '61 only color?
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

It was (also)a 62 color.

Don

Comment

Yep, '62 too...I originally thought my Lark was that shade, then found out it was some generic paint that happened to be very similar to 1960 Stude Gulfstream Blue. The car was originally a Canada-only hue, P6218 Metallic Blue; iirc Riviera Blue was coded P6213 (as a '62 colour).

FWIW there was a guy in the Hamilton Chapter for a while, who had a '61 4dr on which he had replicated Riviera Blue by using a 1980s Ford truck blue that was a dead-ringer for the Stude shade...you could go that route too. (I keep watching for modern-day matches to P6218 for a potential refinish of my Lark to its original hue; so far have found Ford, Dodge and Hyundai colours that are close enough...)

BTW Dylan, I never noticed you were from Everett. I got my Lark in Everett...Everett, Ontario, but still Everett! Your Everett is a considerably bigger place though...

S.

Comment

I just got my build sheet for my riviera blue 62 Lark...well formally Riviera blue anyhow...the code says P6212. Hope this helps..Wes

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..
            Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

Thanks guys!

Steve; thats pretty cool! Maybe someday we can get the blue larks together; as a "Everett" reunion! LOL!

Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Here's what the P6218 canadian Metallic Blue looks like on my 62. Looking pretty good with a polish job. Sadly, i think it's gonna go up for sale next week.

Evan Davis
                Prairie Bulletin
                Saskatchewan Chapter
                Prince Albert, Sk
                Evan Davis
                Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

My local paint store uses a color spectrophotometer to match any thing. The software with theirs also identifies any stock color in the database. I had them match a sample of mid-60s BMC Tartan Red. The match was perfect, and their computer said it was also a 90s Isuzu truck color, same formula for both. Not sure which machine they use, but they are a DuPont mostly store.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

I found Baby Blue is a extremely close match, and I think Dupli color used to make it in rattle cans, but no more! It's such a small repair area (Like just my inner fenders, ect) that I didn't really want to mix up alot if I needed.

Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

That thing looks great! Hope you don't have to sell it![V]

quote:Originally posted by fargoguy

Here's what the P6218 canadian Metallic Blue looks like on my 62. Looking pretty good with a polish job. Sadly, i think it's gonna go up for sale next week.

Evan Davis
                      Prairie Bulletin
                      Saskatchewan Chapter
                      Prince Albert, Sk
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I just found a color from POR-15 that is pretty darn close, so I think I'll cheat and buy that. Thanks for the help everyone!

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                        X