Lark rust repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark rust repair

Not sure if this is place to ask the question (seems like you need a separate forum category for "Studebaker Rust Repair"), but these days are there patch panels available for late lark trunk lids or the front portion of the Wheelhouse panel (the catalog calls it a wheelhouse & deck side panel)? Or, do you still have to fab these kinds of parts?
    thanks,
    Mike Sal

62-63 Lark trunk lids are available NOS. I also have a pretty decent used one I could bring to SB. (Along with that gas tank).

Comment

If by "late Lark trunk lids" you mean '64-'66, these lids are very scarce. I'm not aware of any patch panels for them. Fortunately, the area that normally rots out is fairly flat, so it wouldn't take much to make a patch panel.

Jim Bradley
      Lewistown PA
      '78 Avanti II
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

ya, I forgot to clarify the model. it's a '66 commander. The rust is just starting to bubble in a couple of spots on the trunk. I've got a good one i bought years ago in storage, but thought I'd patch this one as it's not too far gone.

Also, I'm surprised classic enterprises hasn't come out with a patch for the rear wheel well by now. All larks rust there. it would sure help speed up the body work.
        Mike Sal

Comment

Anymore, I am always inclined to repair anything that is repairable, even if new is available.
          Thirty years ago I pitched rusty or bent parts that, today, I would offer small portions of my soul to have.
          'course, none of those parts were Ford, GM or MoPar.[)]
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Check with the So. Bend branch of Studebaker International. They might have a trunk lid for you.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X