Roof sound deadening material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof sound deadening material

The sound deadening material glued to the inside of the roof is detached in several places on the 63 GT being restored. What is the best way to reattach or is there a better modern day replacement mateiral? In either case do not want the stuff to fall down on the deadliner.

Dynamat or a similar product would do a better job.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Assume you have the deadliner[sic] out.
      Remove all that old stuff. Sand the under-roof to get rid of all the old glue and crap. Paint it; doesn't need to be pretty.

I've never put Dynamat on the roof. It adheres well on the floor and cowl; don't know how it would respond to the heat from summer sun.
      I have used insulation I got from JC Whitless and installed using 3M spray trim adhesive. It works well and has been in my '51 for over fifteen years with no issue. It's about 1/4" thick and I needed to trim channels for the headliner bows to fit close to the roof. Much cheaper than Dynamat. I still use Dynamat on the floors, cowl and doors.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I used Dyamat and a similar look a like
        prouct out of Canada( I bought on E-bay) on my 56 wagon roof. Been over a year now no problems. Gets pretty hot down here in Texas. LOL

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

There's also DynaLINER for this very job.

ChopStu

113 weeks till completion.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Just got done putting B-Quiet Ultimate on the underside of the roof of my '54 Champion earlier this week. Worst part of the job was scraping off all the old stuff applied 55 years ago. Link: http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
            X