50 Champion AC number needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Champion AC number needed

I have a '50 Champion fog light kit (clear bulbs) that I need to know the AC number of. The box is too worn to read the writing. Can somebody with those early books help me out? Thanks.

I have an accessory book for 1950's at home, also have the chassis/body manuals. I will look tonight.

Mark

Comment

Matt, bulletnoses don't need fog lights. They'll plow through anything!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Good to know Bob. I'll just throw this in the dumpster then.

Comment

Naw, don't trash 'em. Put them on top of your StudeFaker and go deer hunting.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I didn't know the Accessories booklets contained the AC numbers. [?]

[u]My parts book does list it</u> as AC-1874 for 9G Fog Lamp Kit.

If clear is fog lamps, what are the amber ones?

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Comment

Thanks for the number!

I've always understood Amber bulbs to be fog lights. And clear ones to be Driving lights. But these clear ones have "FOG" in the bottom of the lens. Maybe they had FOG regardless of lens color?

Bob, the '58 Commander ate a deer last year. I don't want anymore of those. [}]

Comment

Still not home yet, but thanks for the picture of what you have Matthew. I have one of the switches for the foglight pull. It has FL on it. Don't see that very often.

Mark

Comment

There is a little more involved than first thought and it is detailed in the listing above. You may have either the early type AC-1874 or the later AC-2098. Note also the change in terminology from Fog Lights, (amber beam) to Weather Beam (clear). I would be willing to take those off your hands for $15 which would allow you a nice profit from the original uninstalled list of $11.95.

Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks Mister Quinn. There's just enough writing on the box to tell me that they are AC-1874.

Thanks for your offer to purchase them but I think Tom E. might have spent a little more than $11.95 on 'em.

BTW. Tom won't be in South Bend but I'll have some of his parts at my table.

Comment

Are these not the lights I sold to Tom some years ago? I believe I remember that box.

Richard Quinn
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Are these not the lights I sold to Tom some years ago? I believe I remember that box.

Richard Quinn
                        No idea. I DO know you sold him the NOS fog light kit that is on his '51 Business Coupe. (He showed me a hand written note you included in the box).

Comment

I think if you un-crumpled that bag you would be able to read AC-1874.[:I]

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kurtruk

I think if you un-crumpled that bag you would be able to read AC-1874.[:I]

KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)
                            You're right. But you never know what might have been swapped/changed over the past 60 years.

Comment

Working...
                            X