PDA

View Full Version : Windshield



Jerry Forrester
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I have to purchase a new windshield for Leo, the '55 HT.
Should I go ahead and prepay for one from Phillips Glass and pick it up in SB. Or does any on you have a better suggestion?

http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/24937/2707155130051977924S600x600Q85.jpg

Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

mbstude
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Just leave it be, Jerry. It's on the passenger side so it won't do any harm when driving.

Jerry Forrester
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
BoyDog complains when he doesn't have a nice clean, crack free windshield to look out through. And when he complains, it hurts, He has sharp teeth.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/25836/2981941040051977924S600x600Q85.jpg


quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Just leave it be, Jerry. It's on the passenger side so it won't do any harm when driving.


Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

55champion
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I bought one that was NOS for my 55 Champion from Phillips Glass and was very pleased with it.

mbstude
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
OK Jerry, that's a good excuse. Having seen what a large dog that is, I would get a glass from Phillips.

2R5
04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
They come highly recommended

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/smallchamp-1.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/2008Daytona.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/2R5/66Daytona008.jpg
Home of the Fried Green Tomato
"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
1964 Daytona HT
1966 Daytona

rockinhawk
04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
You might check with a local glass shop. There is one down here in Douglas Ga that can get vintage glass at a reasonable price. That way you don't have to worry about breaking it while traveling. NT


Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg

rockne10
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I had my local glass shop order and install. That way, if there was any breakage it would not be out of my pocket.

Guess where they got it?

Phillips!

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknedash.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

mbstude
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

You might check with a local glass shop. There is one down here in Douglas Ga that can get vintage glass at a reasonable price. That way you don't have to worry about breaking it while traveling. NT



Jerry if you go that route, I'll deliver it next time I go visit Tom.

barnlark
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
I have one of his windshields and put it in myself with Tim Shelly. Top quality.

52 Ragtop
04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Buy it from Vic, he's a good guy!

Jim

4961Studebaker
04-13-2010, 08:19 AM
I've bought from Phillips as well, nice to deal with.

HOWEVER, check with him to find out if your glass will have a greenish tint to it. If that DOESNT bother you go for it.
If CLEAR is what your after......I have another source.

ChopStu
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/kkad0711/IMG_5411.jpg
114 weeks till completion.

Jerry Forrester
04-13-2010, 09:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

I've bought from Phillips as well, nice to deal with.

HOWEVER, check with him to find out if your glass will have a greenish tint to it. If that DOESNT bother you go for it.


I prefer the tinted. Wish I could get the tinted/shaded.

Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

warrlaw1
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Jerry, I need a nice rear bumper for my 55 hardtop K. I'll get to South Bend if I know there's a bumper waiting :)

Jerry Forrester
04-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Come to SB. I'll have a bumper there for you.


quote:Originally posted by warrlaw1

Jerry, I need a nice rear bumper for my 55 hardtop K. I'll get to South Bend if I know there's a bumper waiting :)


Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

warrlaw1
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm comin!!! Last year I found a dog friendly motel out by Notre Dame. Hope it's still available. Hold that bumper until Saturday, Jerry. I'll find you. Thanks, Dave Warren.

Jerry Forrester
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

I have to purchase a new windshield for Leo, the '55 HT.
Should I go ahead and prepay for one from Phillips Glass and pick it up in SB. Or does any on you have a better suggestion?
Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

I spoke with Vic Phillips. He is a really nice guy. He gets $285 for a new tinted C-K windshield. That is a super deal.
Problem is, he is having health issues and may not make it to SB, or to Glendale for that matter.
I may have to bite the bullet and pay the shipping.
Any other suggestions?

Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

rockne10
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Go with known quality. If it becomes necessary to pay shipping, just add a few bucks to the next ten dozen or so chroming jobs.[:o)]
I already paid for my handles so...:D