Checked out a 56J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked out a 56J

A freind and I went to check out a '56 G.H. Last Fri. Body is in rough shape but car runs and has good oil pressure. Some lifter noise on start up. Auto Trans goes into drive and reverse without any hesitation. Did not drive because brakes are soft. Car was in a garage on a hill. Hood is in good shape with corner stiffeners. Has 4 good AC-2799 hubcaps just needs restoration kit. Stainless is off of car and in trunk. A new set of new sill plates still in package. I was thinking of shooting a low ball price and parting it out. $1,000-$1500. Without any pictures do you think This is a resonable offer? Power steering works and does not leak. That would be real nice in my Power Hawk.

John Ratliff

quote:Originally posted by John Ratliff

A freind and I went to check out a '56 G.H. Last Fri. Body is in rough shape but car runs and has good oil pressure. Some lifter noise on start up. Auto Trans goes into drive and reverse without any hesitation. Did not drive because brakes are soft. Car was in a garage on a hill. Hood is in good shape with corner stiffeners. Has 4 good AC-2799 hubcaps just needs restoration kit. Stainless is off of car and in trunk. A new set of new sill plates still in package. I was thinking of shooting a low ball price and parting it out. $1,000-$1500. Without any pictures do you think This is a resonable offer? Power steering works and does not leak. That would be real nice in my Power Hawk.

John Ratliff
    Even at that low ball price, you won;t get rich. You might make a few hundred for your labor.

JDP Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

John Ratliff
      Even at that low ball price, you won;t get rich. You might make a few hundred for your labor.

JDP Maryland
      Would that power steering unit fit in my Hawk with the Ross box?

John Ratliff

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

John Ratliff

JDP Maryland
        Would that power steering unit fit in my Hawk with the Ross box?

John Ratliff
        Most of it will, but the column is different because of the Ultramatic, and so is the pump mount because of the Packard engine.

JDP Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X