No announcement yet.

JTS 1049 What car does it belong to???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTS 1049 What car does it belong to???

Who has the info on the JTS engines? I am trying to find out what car this engine came out of and if the car still exists.

sals54
    sals54

What an oddball, Sal!

JTS1049 was shipped in 1963 Cruiser 63V6330. Regal Red, bench seat, 4-speed! No pkg (too early), no disc brakes, no HD anything, not even Twin Traction!

Light up the peg leg! [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Who has the info on the JTS engines? I am trying to find out what car this engine came out of and if the car still exists.

sals54
      Well, that sucks. It was installed in a Regal Red. 4 speed, R2 Cruiser. serial # 6330 Back a few years, someone decided a 4 door did not deserve it, not thinking how rare the car was.

JDP Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by sals54

sals54
        Well, that sucks. It was installed in a Regal Red. 4 speed, R2 Cruiser. serial # 6330 Back a few years, someone decided a 4 door did not deserve it, not thinking how the the car was.

JDP Maryland
        That does suck, John. I can just picture that car and it'd be one I'd have liked to own! As I've posted before, I think '63 Cruisers are the best-looking 4-door Stude...and I love the broadcloth interior option although I know not many at all had it.

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
        '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

...been said before....I once found a 64' package car with 27K miles on it. It had been side swiped and totalled. I could have all but the drivetrain for $100. This car sat outside my hometown dealer's shop for a few weeks before they pulled the train and I took it for an excellent interior and glass....all tinted. The dealer wanted the engine for a restoration he was doing for a customer.....It was to be installed in a 2 ton oil delivery truck in place of a Big 6......I pleaded with him to trade another 289, but no luck.....That engine sat outside in the weather for 5+ years and I don't know if it ever got into that truck...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the engine ID. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly info can be found here.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X