64 Lark gauges in a Champ truck dash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Lark gauges in a Champ truck dash.

I have thoughts of doing this,talked to a member who says he's seen this done.I kinda eyeballed it,and I do'nt see how in the world they will physically fit within the stock Champ assembly? so has anyone actually done this?

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

I have thoughts of doing this,talked to a member who says he's seen this done.I kinda eyeballed it,and I do'nt see how in the world they will physically fit within the stock Champ assembly? so has anyone actually done this?
    I did exactly that in my '64 Champ years ago. It was tight, but they did fit OK. I just enlarged the existing holes a little at a time until the clusters slipped in. Unfortunately the Champ was totalled in a collision in '83 and I didn't save the dash. I may have some pictures somewhere in my ancient archives, but they would be 35 mm slides. The speedometer was a 160 mph certified one that I got at the old Standard Surplus for something like $5.95 off a table full of them.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I have the 63 cluster in my 62 Champ. Just need to enlarge the hole slightly with a file.

Fred
      Fred

Comment

Working...
      X