They're everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're everywhere

I took the Wagonaire out for a wee romp yesterday to pick up a piece of window channel and help break-in my newly rebuilt 259....did I tell you it was rebuilt by the same guy who built the R3 engine that just sold at RM a few weeks ago...more on that later. While at parts counter I met a chap who's father has a 57 Golden Hawk which he has owned since 1979 and a 1962 Hawk...not SDC members and has never heard of it. I'll be visiting his father in the near future and will get some pictures, I'll take along a membership app.
    He also directed me to a GM dealership that has a 50 or 51 champion out back, slightly modified....while there a tech told me of a blue bullet nose that a local drives.....

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

You might want to take along a few back issues of Turning Wheels to show him. That in itself is worth the membership fee.

Comment

Wow Bill, that is just soooo hard to believe, that a guy who cherishes 2 top of line Studebakers all those years could have his head that deep in the sand for 31 years and still breathe!

When I think of the hundreds of great people I have met, cars I've seen, super events, drag races, tours, Zone Meets, International Meets, Chapter Meetings, and BS sessions I have enjoyed over the 42 years I have belonged, not to mention all the neat Newsletters, local and Turning Wheels that I have, I would not give it up for all the world! [:0]

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Are you related to Byron Foy?

The lucky guy who married Walter P. Chrysler's daughter.

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

I took the Wagonaire out for a wee romp yesterday to pick up a piece of window channel and help break-in my newly rebuilt 259....did I tell you it was rebuilt by the same guy who built the R3 engine that just sold at RM a few weeks ago...more on that later. While at parts counter I met a chap who's father has a 57 Golden Hawk which he has owned since 1979 and a 1962 Hawk...not SDC members and has never heard of it. I'll be visiting his father in the near future and will get some pictures, I'll take along a membership app.
        He also directed me to a GM dealership that has a 50 or 51 champion out back, slightly modified....while there a tech told me of a blue bullet nose that a local drives.....

Bill Foy
        Kingston, Ontario
        1964 Wagonaire Slider

Comment

I'm barely related to my parents....at least that's what they've been telling me [8D]

Bill Foy
          Kingston, Ontario
          1964 Wagonaire Slider
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X