Ol Skool Rodz props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ol Skool Rodz props

I was just reading the Apr/May2010 issue of Ol Skool Rodz magazine and came across a compliment to SDCers in the article about Anna Marco's 55 Studebaker Speedster project.

Figuring that may not be a magazine that is widely read by most forum members, I wanted to share the comment.[8D]

"..as far as locating parts goes, Ricky, Bill Oliver at Studebaker Parts and Service (Long Beach, CA) and also the folks at the Studebaker Drivers Club have saved my a**!"

If you are sensitive about modifying a Speedster[V], you may not want to check out the article.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

I'll look for it on the newstand.

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Several have stepped forward to help scrounge parts...
      Good to see that mentioned..
      Jeff[8D]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have been in touch with Anna Marco Feature Editor and Alan Mayes the Managing editor. They are both SDC members and have a strong Studebaker background and both currantly own Studebakers!
        Here are some more Studebaker content in the two magazines they publish. These are about Studebaker engines mostly and are not a complete list of Studebaker coverage in total.
        Car Kulture DeLuxe #32 - Bob Lee profile - mentions he won drag races on Bunnell, Florida, strip with his 1st car, '51 Champion.
        Ol' Skool Rodz #3 - Full feature on Bill Roarke's Studebaker V8 powered Track T. Also in my next book (First Gear Series: Hot Rods from MBI)
        Ol' Skool Rodz #20 - Canadian-owned '37 Ford pickup rat rod with 289 Studebaker power.
        Ol' Skool Rodz #37 - Greezy Tech mention of someone having put dual carbs on a Studebaker flathead 6.
        Ol' Skool Rodz #39 - Introduction of Anna's '55 Speedster project - Studebaker powered.
        Ol' Skool Rodz #39 - Profile of Bendtsen's Transmissions (Speed Gems) in Minnesota, makers of adapters to put GM trans behind Stude engines (among others).

Richard
        The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

'Just looked over the January 2011 Ol' Skool' Rodz at Barnes & Noble. Chapter 3 of the "Speedster" project is discussed...but purists need not worry about it being a Speedster; it is a 1955 "C" body, not a "K."

This January 2011 update even mentions Turning Wheels, talking about an issue with many customs in it!

Cool beans, Anna & Company. Great exposure. Thanks. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X