PDA

View Full Version : Reserving Trim Parts for S Bend

Lark Parker
04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I am making a stash to take to the South Bend Swap and Zone Meet May 7 & 8.
There is a LOT of stainless trim. I am not inclined to set a price and haggle before hand. If you have a specific trim part that you are interested in I will include that in the truck and put your name for the first look.
Unfortunately, Matthew is not planning on going so I will just have to throw a lot of the Hawk front fender trims, wheel well trims,and Lark trunk trims in the dumpster as I leave.
There is some probably pitted pot metal in the stash.
There is a gazillion wheel covers -- I may try to get a set of the 53 tristars done as the cores are excellent. If I do -- the price and sale may be done beforehand as I don't want to hold an item like that for someone that might not be there.

I have a lot of pieces that seem to have gotten scarcer at the swaps.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/larkparker/Miscellaneous/caryreduced.jpg Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

mbstude
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
If I could afford it I'd be there. Oh well... [B)]

Anybody from the Southeast wanna ride along and split the gas/motel bill? [8D]

tbredehoft
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Dale, e-mail sent.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
Tom Bredehoft
'53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
'55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
....On the road, again....
'05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
All Indiana built cars

Lark Parker
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Trade your job skills for a ride share and maybe incorporate some finished orders deliveries.
A delivery should be well worth the price of UPS shipping. Safer.

Let me know if you are bringing a truck. I probably have a free piece, or two.

LP

Jerry Forrester
04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
You can ride with me. I'll probably be pulling a trailer. We'll have lots of room for your stainless.
If you don't go and Dale wants me to haul some stainless back south for you, that will be no problem.

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

Jerry Forrester
04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
If you ever got those stainless steel '53 grill surrounds made I might take a pair of those.[:p]

quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

I am making a stash to take to the South Bend Swap and Zone Meet May 7 & 8.
There is a LOT of stainless trim. I am not inclined to set a price and haggle before hand. If you have a specific trim part that you are interested in I will include that in the truck and put your name for the first look.
Unfortunately, Matthew is not planning on going so I will just have to throw a lot of the Hawk front fender trims, wheel well trims,and Lark trunk trims in the dumpster as I leave.
There is some probably pitted pot metal in the stash.
There is a gazillion wheel covers -- I may try to get a set of the 53 tristars done as the cores are excellent. If I do -- the price and sale may be done beforehand as I don't want to hold an item like that for someone that might not be there.

I have a lot of pieces that seem to have gotten scarcer at the swaps.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/larkparker/Miscellaneous/caryreduced.jpg Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Jerry Forrester
Forrester's Chrome
Douglasville, Georgia

Lark Parker
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

If you ever got those stainless steel '53 grill surrounds made I might take a pair of those.[:p]

After taking another look at that idea -- sanity prevailed. (That happens to me occasionally and it's very mundane experience.)
I gave the blueprints to someone that had a China connection. Nothing ever came of it. I can get the blueprints back.

LP

Lark Parker
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
This should now be be in a thread titled "Deliver Less Than Expected"

My computer is malwared up with some Chicken Little popups so I am writing this at a friend's place. Personally, I have some strange malady that is making my muscles sore so that has been demotivating.
The reserved stainless list has been destroyed in the computer.
I have been putting stainless into groups near the door for loading and there are several thousand pieces.
Individual requests for specific pieces are not manageable now because of the mass I am trying to handle. There will probably not be time or ability to do any finished pieces that were desired by the South Bend time.
I regret not being able to bring specifics to the meet but there should be a selection to look at if you know what your needed piece measures and looks like.
Thanks for the patience and don't expect email answers.

LP

Lark Parker
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
My computer is back (temporarily) I'll take it back again for a motherboard and processor improvement when the parts arrive. It has many bulging capacitors and can use an upgrade anyhow. Viruses are cleaned out.

I am personally vertical again and awaiting some lab tests.
The quack gave me an apparently miracle pill prescription that works for now. I don't think this is anything that can permanently threaten a magnificent body like mine. (Before the stainless work I was a Chippendale dancer under the name Rock Bottom.)

I'm not particularly wanting to push working for now. The sorting part is kind of done. Sort of...

The bottom line : I'm sure how much stainless I will bring at this point. Maybe I'll get a better handle on it later this week.

LP