Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plastic fender "gunsights" for 63 hawk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic fender "gunsights" for 63 hawk???

Hi all,

drove my newly acquired 63 hawk for the 1st time at night yesterday. much to my surprise of my continued excitement about these great cars (all those years wasted on mustangs!![V]).. i noticed the plastic ornaments/ 'gunsights" on the front fenders light up with the headlights.. (at least one does.. need to figure the wire/ ground/ bulb, etc for the other side)
    is anyone making these repro.. or any sources for potential nos?
    mine are all cracked up.
    also.. i guess i should tkae it apart before i post all these questions.. but is the plastic and the overlying chrome one piece? and how do i get to the bulb?
    just posting these questions because i am heading down to the AACA swap meet in NC tonight . will pick up a Stude manual..but want to see if i might procure a set,or some leads if possible.

i love this car!

thanks

rick

Studebaker International

Page 84

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The plastic should be separate from the chrome, but I had one set that a PO had epoxied together.[V] One bolt holds the last chrome spear end to the fender, then the plastic screws into the chrome with the bulb routed through. The only reason mine did not light up when I got my car was due to poor grounding between the bulb sockets and their mounting brackets.

Others may chime in about the best way of separating the end of the spear from the long trim piece (without damage to either).

SI made the replacement sockets available mere moments after I got my originals working again and back into the car.

Do a search on "fin lights" and include the Tech Forum, there have been several threads on this topic in the past year or so.

Jim K.
      63 Hawk
      Jim K.
      63 Hawk

Comment

Working...
      X