MONDAY EYE CANDY 4/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONDAY EYE CANDY 4/5

It's maybe not dressed as nicely as the yellow one before it, but it looks rock solid and ready for work.

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

It's maybe not dressed as nicely as the yellow one before it, but it looks rock solid and ready for work.

Doug
      Venice, Florida
      1950 Champion
      9G F1
      And I would be ready to put it to work. I would love to have a truck like this at some point.

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

With a little work, that would make a nice rollback that I've been looking for. Thanks for the picture Rich
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Now that's a nice truck. Toss your lunch box in and go to work..[^]

Gordon

Comment

where's da load? where's da load?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I'll take two please

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

This truck brings back a funny memory, I had one (except 58) like this, it had been a roofing truck, so it was major ugly with black tar/roofing stuff all over it. It was a 289 4 barrel with the granny-geared tranny, but ran like a top. One of my buddies had one of the SS-454 C*$#y trucks he thought was hot and challenged me one day at the LaVergne, Tn. red light heading back toward Nashville. I absolutely blew his doors off up to about 55 or 60 mph, and he of course came steaming by me pretty fast when he did get going. Since I live 1/2 mile from that light, I just told him I let off to turn in at home, and never told him any different. I was probably just about topped out, but he never knew. I had a lot of fun talking about that at work and the club meeting.Cool looking and driving old trucks, sure enjoyed ours. Thanks again for all your posts, ChampTrucking!! John

Comment

Here's some more info on this truck... it's been a couple of years since I spoke with the owner (in Arizona), so it may be sold by now.

"1956 Studebaker 1-Ton Flatbed Pickup Truck. This model features a 259 4 bbl engine with 4-speed transmission --- runs strong --- 67,800 Box A miles. Tranny is crisp and tight as is steering gear. 6-new tires, valve job, new rear axle bearings, seats, new 3-core radiator. All wheel and master cylinder re-done in 1990, 5K miles ago. Tire tools in toolbox, heavy duty hitch, 20K #ball and brake controller. Good glass all around, excellent windshield and rear glass, door latches and strikers like new. All rust is surface, except for 2-small holes. This truck was bought in 1956 for a chicken farm in San Fernando California. They went broke in 1958 and my uncle bought it. I have the 1958 pink slip, owner's manual, etc. He used the truck lightly until I got it in 1989. I did repairs to make it safe and ready-to-work and did so for 5K miles over a period of 10 years. Parked it in 2000."

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  "Star Performers with Saving Ways!"

Vancouver Island Chapter
                  http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Just curious, any idea what he was asking for it?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                    X