My Studebaker Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Studebaker Art

Was cleaning out a few closets and ran across some drawings I've done in the past.. Thought I'd share them. The first one is 23 yrs old. I did it when I was a junior in high school. The second one I did about 4 months ago. Guess it is an addiction.. When I'm not fixing them, I'm drawing them.

hope you like them.
    Bob

I really like them. Thanks for sharing! That is a great talent! Wish I could draw..

Mark

Comment

I agree, good job! By that last drawing, it looks like you were thinking of a '62 grill mesh, correct?

Dylan Wills
      [IMG][/IMG]
      '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

You are quite the artist! That first one really looks like a photo. Great job and talent.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Gee, all I can draw are boxes with wheels. Great work. Do you take commission work?

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for posting. I enjoyed your art work very much.
            One of my favorite issues of Turning wheels is the July 1987
            'Studebaker Art' issue. There are over 18 pages of SDC members art work featured.
            Would love to see another 'Studebaker Art' issue of Turning Wheels.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks guys, the grille mesh is from a 62. I've never done commission work, but doesn't mean I can't. The media I work with is colored pencil. That first picture took about a month to do. The other i whipped out in an afternoon. I started working on a backend shot of a 58 packard sedan that I saw in turning wheels. The Studebaker has been a life long love affair for me.

Comment

The hawk in the picture is the one in the museum. I worked off of a picture I took of it and then created the background.. I suppose even at 17 I knew there were several lurking in barns and garages hidden away.

Comment

Working...
                X