Clear All

• Photos from the past: '53 Packard Clipper

Also found at SASCO.

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
    Chris Dresbach

I really love that you're posting these, Chris.

Did these come off the wall next to the office window in the showroom?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

I really love that you're posting these, Chris.

Did these come off the wall next to the office window in the showroom?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County
      Not exactly. These were all stapled to a really old board that was just kind of tucked away in a corner. I got a chance to take them out, so I got them, otherwise they would have been left for trash. There is still a whole wall of them left at SASCO.[xx(] Ill just keep posting them until I run out. (Btw: this was the only Packard on this board)

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
      1960s Prototype cart
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris, that's a 1953 Packard, not a 1951.

1953 and 1954 had the squared-off upper windshield corners, unlike the rounded-off corners of the smaller 1951 and 1952 windshield. And a 1954 would have had a continuous-length side molding, not the "fender and door" molding on the subject car.

So it's a 1953, and a Clipper. [8D]BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Chris, that's a 1953 Packard, not a 1951.

1953 and 1954 had the squared-off upper windshield corners, unlike the rounded-off corners of the smaller 1951 and 1952 windshield. And a 1954 would have had a continuous-length side molding, not the "fender and door" molding on the subject car.

So it's a 1953, and a Clipper. [8D]BP
          [?]Ya know, I think I'm going to stick with Studebakers.

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
          1960s Prototype cart
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks Chris,

You have sparked a new interest!

I have a friend thats parents have a 56 four door they want to sell,
            Anyone have a picture of a 56 four door ???

Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Thanks Chris,

You have sparked a new interest!

I have a friend thats parents have a 56 four door they want to sell,
              Anyone have a picture of a 56 four door ???

Dean.

Dean: Go here:

The PackardĀ® Club is dedicated to the enjoyment, maintenance, and accurate restoration and preservation of the products and history of The PackardĀ® Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, a manufacturer of one of the greatest marques in world history; on land, in the air, or on the sea: Automobiles, Trucks and Professional vehicles.

Click on Showroom / Automobiles, then on 1956 when the showroom page opens.

You'll see many 1956 4-doors and you can try to pick out which model your friends want to sell. It will be one of the following 5 models, which are all the 4-door sedans marketed by Packard for the 1956 model year:

Clipper DeLuxe 4-door
              Clipper Super 4-door
              Clipper Custom 4-door

Packard Executive 4-door

Packard Patrician 4-door

BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                X