No announcement yet.

What's wrong with '64 Avanti in TW ad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with '64 Avanti in TW ad?

For three months I've seen an ad in Turning Wheels for a '64 Gold Avanti priced at $5500 located in Tenn. Anybody know the scoop on this vehicle? [:I]

edp/NC
    '63 Avanti
    '66 Commander
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

For three months I've seen an ad in Turning Wheels for a '64 Gold Avanti priced at $5500 located in Tenn. Anybody know the scoop on this vehicle? [:I]

edp/NC
    '63 Avanti
    '66 Commander

The ad is here, why not call ?

JDP Maryland
    Disclaimer:
    None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm curious about it also, even though I can't afford to buy one. It sounds like a good deal. Maybe some rust issues? Check it out Ed, enquiring minds want to know.

Love birds...Red Hawks in mating season.
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'm just dumb enough to buy it since it's in an adjacent state and cheap.[] But, I figured some of the "flippers" would've been all over it unless it had fatal defects. From what I've seen recently, the parts ought to be worth double the asking price. There was a '64 R1 less than 200 miles from me that went for < $5K on eBay about 6-8 months ago. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

I'm curious about it also, even though I can't afford to buy one. It sounds like a good deal. Maybe some rust issues? Check it out Ed, enquiring minds want to know.

edp/NC
        '63 Avanti
        '66 Commander
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

I'm just dumb enough to buy it since it's in an adjacent state and cheap.[] But, I figured some of the "flippers" would've been all over it unless it had fatal defects. From what I've seen recently, the parts ought to be worth double the asking price. There was a '64 R1 less than 200 miles from me that went for < $5K on eBay about 6-8 months ago. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

edp/NC
          '63 Avanti
          '66 Commander
          I can't buy them all, and suspect it has some issues that would keep it on the market for 3 months, but could be wrong.

JDP Maryland
          Disclaimer:
          None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

That car was sold.

Tennessee Hillbilly

Comment

It sold before the ad was published in TW. The ad should have been pulled/cancelled.

David
              David

Comment

Working...
              X