Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti gas tank pictures? Help out a modeler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti gas tank pictures? Help out a modeler!

I have another crazy idea for a 1/25 scale model Stude. I don't know where I get these ideas but I'm thinking about building a model of an Avanti as a cutaway car with the body and interior cut down the middle to reveal the mechanicals underneath. I think I've figured out how to do it but there's one problem with this project. I don't know what the gas tank looks like and this project would make it visible. Does anybody have some pictures of an Avanti gas tank that would help me scratch build a replica?
    Manuel J. Martinez
    Baton Rouge, LA

Click to enlarge one you follow the link

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Click to enlarge one you follow the link

64 Commander 2 dr.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks, JDP! That's just what I need!
        Manuel J. Martinez
        Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Thanks, JDP! That's just what I need!
          Manuel J. Martinez
          Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Mr. moto
            I would be very interested in your project for The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Newsletter. If you could take pictures. Keep in touch.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Mr. moto
              I would be very interested in your project for The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Newsletter. If you could take pictures. Keep in touch.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

I'll try to do that, Gary. I haven't started working on the project yet - just laying the groundwork - but the majority of my model building centers around Studebakers. I have a number of interesting Studebaker projects planned and I'll try to get pictures of the ones I've built so far in case you're interested. It's good to know that there is interest in little Studebakers, too!
                Manuel J. Martinez
                Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

I'll try to do that, Gary. I haven't started working on the project yet - just laying the groundwork - but the majority of my model building centers around Studebakers. I have a number of interesting Studebaker projects planned and I'll try to get pictures of the ones I've built so far in case you're interested. It's good to know that there is interest in little Studebakers, too!
                  Manuel J. Martinez
                  Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

quote:It's good to know that there is interest in little Studebakers, too!
                    Mr. Moto, I too, will be interested in seeing your model when it is finished. I have the complete collection of Studebaker models that Sam Miller collected before he died. He had done some unusual Avanti models, such as an El Camino type and a convertible and was working on a limo.

There is a great book published by Jim Geary called "Studebaker Toy Treasures" that I am sure you would like. It has thousands of Studebaker models in it. I imagine that Jim still has a copy if you are interested.

Here are Sam's Avanti model prototypes.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:It's good to know that there is interest in little Studebakers, too!
                      Mr. Moto, I too, will be interested in seeing your model when it is finished. I have the complete collection of Studebaker models that Sam Miller collected before he died. He had done some unusual Avanti models, such as an El Camino type and a convertible and was working on a limo.

There is a great book published by Jim Geary called "Studebaker Toy Treasures" that I am sure you would like. It has thousands of Studebaker models in it. I imagine that Jim still has a copy if you are interested.

Here are Sam's Avanti model prototypes.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                          X