What? No clock for $$$ '61 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? No clock for $$$ '61 Hawk

Ebay '61 Hawk- beautful, but not completely authentic. Already bid to $36,000+.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I see it has an alternator rather than a generator. I wonder what crimped the left side muffler and what the wires going down the frame rail and wound around the axle go to?

Comment

No oil filter?

Comment

Nice looking Hawk, It is nice to see a Studebaker getting some respect and bringing bigger bucks, but I don't think the seller will make back 60.000 he claims to have spent on restoration, makes me feel that I may someday recoup the money I am putting into my 63 GT 4spd.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

Ebay '61 Hawk- beautful, but not completely authentic. Already bid to $36,000+.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Wow, that's more money than my 399 point R2 Hawk brought, the market seems to be coming back,

JDP Maryland
          Disclaimer:
          None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

What's the red wire coiled around the rear axle, and running up the frame rail??

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

No oil filter because it is a full flow system, you can see the spin on down under in one of the pictures , the wire down the frame is for the electric fuel pump, and nice job of wiring???, also one would think he could have the right wheel cover on a car for this much money not 62 Lark ones, that kind of money needs to be a trailer queen and not so dirty under side.

Candbstudebakrs
              Castro Valley,
              California

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Wiring to the rear is probably an electric fuel pump.

The build order shows the car was originally Velvet Black and shipped with an oil-bath air cleaner, both no longer present.

That said, there is no attempt to misrepresent it as an authentic restoration, since the build order is displayed with the paperwork. 'Nice car; gorgeous color, and looks very well done. [8D]BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

No oil filter because it is a full flow system, you can see the spin on down under in one of the pictures , the wire down the frame is for the electric fuel pump, and nice job of wiring???, also one would think he could have the right wheel cover on a car for this much money not 62 Lark ones, that kind of money needs to be a trailer queen and not so dirty under side.

Candbstudebakrs
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Good catch on the later full flow engine swap. Not a factor for a driver, but added to the other incorrect items should effect it's value as a show car. The judges don't check engine numbers, but they might see the full flow filter as you did. I wonder how this nice Silver Hawk will end up, it's still relatively cheap compared to the 61.

JDP Maryland
                  Disclaimer:
                  None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

That just doesn't look like a top restoration , which it should be for that kind of money .But it is a very nice car.

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    1966 Daytona
                    sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Pretty car.
                      Later engine, but with early valve covers?
                      What else has been mixed up on it?
                      If it had a black interior, I'd be tempted...
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                        50 Champion 2 door*
                        53 Commander K Auto*
                        53 Commander K overdrive*
                        55 President Speedster
                        62 GT 4Speed*
                        63 Avanti R1*
                        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

That just doesn't look like a top restoration , which it should be for that kind of money .But it is a very nice car.

[IMG]

1960 Champ
                          1964 Daytona HT
                          1966 Daytona
                          Call me a skeptic, but I have some suspicions about the bidding since it's a private auction from a dealer with a very high reserve. If he has it in his showroom, he could use the bidding as a justification for his retail price. Again, just a suspicion, it's very possible that the car is setting a new market value for 61's, but I've seen nicer cars sell for less and can't explain the bidding.

JDP Maryland
                          Disclaimer:
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                          X