Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another re-listing

Ebay 230455816749
    I have to admit the obvious, that I have a weakness for four doors 1957s, even the sixes, even the wagons, but this is about 200% higher than a done deal price. Even at that, I'd be more likely to be vaguely interested at about half the price if I already had a pair of NOS front fenders already in hand. Not a poke at the dealer, who has gotta do what dealers do.
    I am curious as to its history, and how the fenders got so rusty if it came from anywhere in that region. Odd that it doesn't seem too rusty elsewhere given the fenders, but there must be other stuff lurking.

Jim B on PEI
    63 Wagonaire 259 o/d
    57 Champion W4 o/d
    57 Champion W4 automatic
    57 Commander W4 automatic

Comment

Amazing. Listed it several times with a price of $7950; no takers. Finally listed it last week as a real auction and drew $5101, no sale. Now, armed with that information, he raises the price to $12,500

I've seen this logic before, but I'll never get it...

Wonder what kind of offers he'll get with a 20-day listing?? I'm sure eBay doesn't mind one bit$$$$$$

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

You gotta love the "flex" tail pipe!!

Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Hey Jim, Slightly off topic, but is PEI as beautiful as it was shown in Anne of Green Gables???? One our families favorite movies of all time.

sals54
          sals54

Comment

for sals54--
            I live in Malpeque, close by to where they filmed the other "Anne" TV series, Emily of New Moon. It has its moments, but right now isn't really one of them. PEI is not so pretty during the 'rain and mud' season, but I moved here from Ontario in 93 and haven't regretted it yet. I'm about 20 miles from Cavendish, also on the North Shore.
            Here is a link or two. www.preservemalpeque.org has pics of the area around Malpeque,
            (Yes, it is that slow paced )
            and http://www.gov.pe.ca/index.php3?number=81125 can get you pictures of everywhere.

Jim B on PEI
            63 Wagonaire 259 o/d
            57 Champion W4 o/d
            57 Champion W4 automatic
            57 Commander W4 automatic

Comment

Thanks Jim. The pix are breathtaking. Just like the movie. Its on my list of places to visit. And thats actually a rather short list.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Amazing. Listed it several times with a price of $7950; no takers. Finally listed it last week as a real auction and drew $5101, no sale. Now, armed with that information, he raises the price to $12,500

Wonder what kind of offers he'll get with a 20-day listing?? I'm sure eBay doesn't mind one bit$$$$$$

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

As I noted, ebay waives the listing fee after a certain number of sales, so it's a no brainer to keep trying. Maybe he hopes someone will offer him a "low ball" 8K based on his silly list price.

JDP Maryland
                Disclaimer:
                None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Correct, John, but I believe it's only 4 per year... which I think he's already beyond.

It's like the girl that keeps listing the rough $500 64 with a starting bid of $3500- down from $8500[|)] Even her tactic of adding "SOMEbody, PLEASE bid" in a previous try didn't work.

Defies logic[)]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                    I'm betting that they want/believe that the sales price should be at least $10,000. Just my guess. Your mileage may vary.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Working...
                    X