Oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter

Anyone know the napa# for the 170 Champion engine oil filter cartridge vintage 1950? While were at it, this 50 I am about to get still has the inlet filter (looks like a tiny filter in a glass housing) just before the carb inlet? This car has 23k and is really original. I have not seen another as I think most people go to the throwaway inline. Its been asleep for awhile and thanks for the "Now that you have a Studebaker article...." Good stuff as it will take a bit to get this road worthy again.
    Thanks to all

Rich Rivers
    1950 champion regal deluxe 4dr.

Hi, I am not sure what engine do you have in your Champion.. See this attached photo showing oil filter canister on my 289 engine. If so, It is NAPA #1006. Hope this helps you.

Steven

Comment

According to Rock Auto, a 1950 Champion can use either a C-3 or C-4 Fram cannister, and the NAPA # for these is Cannister Filter #1006 (according to www.studebaker-info.org/parts/NEW/oilf.txt).

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

more likely the C-3; I believe the C-4 was a HD option for sixes (but standard on V-8s)

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I believe the C3 was dropped during 1950. The C3 cannister is smaller than the C4. I can't see the 1006 cartridge fitting both. I would leave the glass bowl filter in place, myself.

Terry

Comment

I think I will clean the glass canister, leave it alone, and add a inline near the tank outlet.

Comment

Working...
            X