Bought me a beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought me a beater

Bought this off of craigslist about 50 miles from me, Has a 455 Buick and 350 Trans, now i can get my spring cleaning done.
    They are still comming out of the wood work.
    More to come.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Me Like .

Comment

you get sick of it, I could find that a home I'm sure.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

A little Lark shine and it would need nothing else to be excellent work truck.

Comment

Some guys have all the luck

Tom

sigpic

Comment

455 Buick! You will get that cleaning done quickly. That engine might be worth more than the truck if it was pulled out. When you're done stick a 305 Chevy in there sell the 455 and the truck separately. Might be a profitable beater.

ErnieR

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Comment

That's a beater???? Looks pretty good to me.

Doug
              Venice, Florida
              1950 Champion
              9G F1

Comment

Good score!![]

Comment

Nice looking truck. Congratulations on your find.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

Me like, too! Alot!!!

Comment

Replace the Buick engine with a Packard V8, then you'll have a Studebaker Packup. [B)]
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hmmm. a 3/4 Ton with no door visors...another '59 Scotsman Deluxe? [?]

StudeRich
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is that the one that was donated to a charity? Were they asking $3995?

How can you tell it's a 3/4 ton by looking at it? Are there any 3/4 ton Scotsmans?

Why do your springs need to be cleaned ?

Comment

Is that the one that was donated to a charity? Were they asking $3995?

Dont know anything about that.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            How can you tell it's a 3/4 ton by looking at it? Are there any 3/4 ton Scotsmans?

The big 8 lug wheels is one clue,Title says so is another
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Why do your springs need to be cleaned ?

See all those trees in the background, they pop up like weeds, the ones on the other side of my fence hang into my yard and make a mess, & when the ice storm comes i have limbs to haul off.
                            ================================================================================ =================

Hmmm. a 3/4 Ton with no door visors...another '59 Scotsman Deluxe?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm. a 3/4 Ton with no door visors...another '59 Scotsman Deluxe?

The visors are off (Notice holes at top of door), they are in a box in the front seat, as are many other parts, cleaned and ready to put back on. (ie Heater box, emblems, hood bird, and a few other misc parts)
                            ================================================================================ =================
                            Guy i got the truck from said he had bought a 73 Riviera restoration that the guy got tired of. Supposedly has a rebuilt 455, but the 350 Trans has me puzzled, i thought all Riverias had 400 transmissions. Runs great, dont smoke. But the truck sat in a field for 10+ years and is rusty in the doors.
                            Bed looks ok, rear fenders need some massageing. So i will be looking for good sheetmetal.
                            =====================================================================
                            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Maynard

It is a bit hard to tell what this WAS being a modified, but the full floating axle hub and 8 lug wheels are a clue that it MIGHT be a 3/4 Ton.

It appears to have had a "Studebaker" nameplate on the door, if it had door visors making it a 1959 Model Studebaker Deluxe, NOT a Transtar like every other year from '56 to '64 that the Transtar type "C" Cabs were built.

It may have been a 4E-6 Commander Big 6, I can't see any holes for a V8 Emblem.

StudeRich
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X