Getting started early on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started early on

I get to the shop this evening and I find my grandad and my 7 year old cousin Josh putting the front end back together on Josh's '56-looks-like-a-'54 coupe. Everything was back together except for a radiator hose. We pulled it around front to break loose the stuck brake drum, and then we took turns driving it around the yard. (Don't worry, we didn't let Josh get behind the wheel..)
    Today was the first time it moved out of its tracks in a few years. The car is rock solid and has a sweet runnin' 259 with OD trans. (With a wierd backwards floor shifter. ) The poor kid got infected by the disease before he knew what hit him. [)]

Lucky kid...

Gotta spin the tires a bit... [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

well that's one way to get younger members into the club,,, perhaps he will be able to spread the disease to his buddies over the years,,, what ever it takes! lol

Comment

well that's one way to get younger members into the club,,, perhaps he will be able to spread the disease to his buddies over the years,,, what ever it takes! lol

Comment

My 8 year old grandson Zack was there today also. He has never been hooked as bad as the other two, but I think that may have changed today.He started pouting because Josh had two cars and he didn't have any. Itold him to pick one out for himself. He chose one of Josh's.Would you have it any other way? NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

My 8 year old grandson Zack was there today also. He has never been hooked as bad as the other two, but I think that may have changed today.He started pouting because Josh had two cars and he didn't have any. Itold him to pick one out for himself. He chose one of Josh's.Would you have it any other way? NT

Neil Thornton
          Hazlehurst, GA
          '57 Silver Hawk
          '56 Sky Hawk
          '51 2R16 dump truck
          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Maybe Zack finally got bit by the bug. [^]
            Tell him that I know where he can get a sweet deal on a '52 Commander hardtop.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Maybe Zack finally got bit by the bug. [^]
              Tell him that I know where he can get a sweet deal on a '52 Commander hardtop.

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
              X