Cool Barn Finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Barn Finds!

Check out this link found by acquaintance Frank Remlinger of The Pure Stock Drags. Frank runs a 1969 Dart 340 GTS at The PSMCDR and has never owned a Stude, but enjoys our Studes at the drags so much he joined SDC about a year ago just to get Turning Wheels! (Someday, I hope Frank acts out his interest in building an R2 1963 Daytona Wagonaire; he really digs Malcolm Berry's white '63 with 5-speed and air. Frank actually prefers the 1963 Lark style over the 1964s!) [:0]

Anyway, as Frank says, he can't read the words to this link, but there's a real stash of assorted iron in this old barn. [:0] I find one K-body 1953-1954 Studebaker under all the dust; does anyone else see any other Studes? [Dwain Grindinger: You'll love this assortment!]

Happy hunting. BP

Op GeenStijl wisselen nieuwsfeiten, schandelijke onthullingen en journalistiek onderzoek elkaar af met luchtige onderwerpen en prettig gestoorde onzin.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

WOW! []

(BTW, I really dig Malcom's '63 wagon also...who wouldn't? He had it at Omaha last year. Perfect in every way! I'd love to see it run the quarter mile)

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

WOW! []

(BTW, I really dig Malcom's '63 wagon also...who wouldn't? He had it at Omaha last year. Perfect in every way! I'd love to see it run the quarter mile)

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

INCREDIBLE!!!![:0][][][]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

INCREDIBLE!!!![:0][][][]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This stash was mentioned on Jalopnik.com. It wasnt an abandoned farm house however. Here is the link:
            Imagine you're Ali Baba, stumbling on the 40 Thieves' treasure — only the thieves are long gone and the treasure is actually 180 European cars of various description. That's kind of what happened in this case, where inside a warehouse welded shut for years, a wealth of dusty cars — Jags, Porsches, Lancias, Alfas,…

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

This stash was mentioned on Jalopnik.com. It wasnt an abandoned farm house however. Here is the link:
              Imagine you're Ali Baba, stumbling on the 40 Thieves' treasure — only the thieves are long gone and the treasure is actually 180 European cars of various description. That's kind of what happened in this case, where inside a warehouse welded shut for years, a wealth of dusty cars — Jags, Porsches, Lancias, Alfas,…

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I have a friend that scored a factory R2 Wagonaire at a auction for about a grand last year. it was missing the blower, but I ran the serial number for him.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                64 Daytona HT
                63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert
                63 Lark 2 door
                63 Lark 2 door #2
                62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                62 Lark 2 door
                62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                60 Lark HT
                60 Hawk
                59 3E truck
                52 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a friend that scored a factory R2 Wagonaire at a auction for about a grand last year. it was missing the blower, but I ran the serial number for him.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                  64 Daytona HT
                  63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  63 Lark 2 door #2
                  62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  60 Lark HT
                  60 Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  52 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'd love to learn the story behind that Portugese warehouse. They welded the doors shut[?][?][?] There has to be a good story behind this one!

Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I'd love to learn the story behind that Portugese warehouse. They welded the doors shut[?][?][?] There has to be a good story behind this one!

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Doggone it, I couldn't see the K-body Stude at all, and I looked twice. Blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other, I guess. But, heck, if the owner of that warehouse wanted to dump his load of iron on my place, I wouldn't whine a whole lot.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Doggone it, I couldn't see the K-body Stude at all, and I looked twice. Blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other, I guess. But, heck, if the owner of that warehouse wanted to dump his load of iron on my place, I wouldn't whine a whole lot.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

K-body 53 or 54 is about 40% of the way through the photos, Gord; very prominent in the bottom of the left foreground. [:0] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

K-body 53 or 54 is about 40% of the way through the photos, Gord; very prominent in the bottom of the left foreground. [:0] BP

Comment

Working...
                              X