Rustiest car contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustiest car contest

This is one of my grandad's parts cars. I took the rear quarter panels off last weekend, and found even MORE rust...
    The rear end was chained to the front when we picked it up to keep it in place. [V]
    When we drug it in, we used the fork lift to get it off the trailer, and when the car was lifted up, the rear end fell out of it. [xx(] And the first time we opened the hood, the hood corner went through the top of the fender. [B)]
    Anyways, here's a few pics of what those lousy tim worms are good for.

What ya mean the panel gap is too wide?

Need a frame rail?

Hey, enough room here for some BIG slicks. Note the rusty shock absorber hanging down...

What do ya know, still a frame on this side. [)]

Anyone got one rustier?

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

you finally found a car that can never be restored, rodded just never driven again. that wouldnt even make good scrap metal.

Randy_G
    South Bend or Bust 2007!
    God I miss chrome on cars.
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Yea, but see some good parts still left. SS trim. What else???

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Yes, most all of the trim is either on the car or laying in the seat. It has donated a lot of good parts. The hood was sold off, the stuck engine was traded for a '64 Wagonaire (no running gear), the doors are usable and in storage, as are the rear quarters. Several little pieces are on the '57 Silver Hawk, and the rear end gears are in my '59 PU. (3:53-1 ratio) The OD trans might be headed for my Daytona if I do go the V8 route with it. (More than likely I will).
        It has a split-bench reclining seat still in it, allthough the reclining mechanisms are in the seats going in my Daytona.

As far as what's left? Well, the rear glass is OK. And if someone needed the front end setup for any reason it's still there, but the car is fairly gutted, aside from the interior. The dash components might be able to be used, I'm not sure. That would be about it though. [xx(]

Oh, compared to some of the cars out in the woods at my grandad's place, you'd think this one could be restored. [:0]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

All that rust just makes it that much easier to take the glass out

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:All that rust just makes it that much easier to take the glass out
            Yep. Removing those rear quarters was a piece of cake...

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Ok, guys, I have no idea where this car is, I just found a search engine and typed the words rusty car. The funny thing is, the guy who took the photo has a very Asian sounding name, and he thinks the car is an Oldsmobile. Here is the link:

Publication books 'Old Rusty Cars in USA' by Masaki Imai. Part1.

I guess one could say that the tone and demeanor of my remarks would seem to indicate that I may indeed harbor certain racial stereotypes concerning the Asian experience with American automobiles.

Comment

You guys in the "HUMIDITY Belt" in Georgia win the rustiest Stude. contest hands down! [:0] Here on the West Coast, we can't even compete! The great State of Washington (even with all it's rain), concedes to the gentleman, (or is it gentleboy) from Georgia! [:0] LOL

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK funnier yet, his second old rusty US car photo is clearly a Dodge and says so on the hood, but maybe he can't read English! He calls that one a Cadillac!! [:0][:0]

quote:Originally posted by bullet_nose_stude

The funny thing is, the guy who took the photo has a very Asian sounding name, and he thinks the car is an Oldsmobile.
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Matt, I was going to say it's a '56 Power Hawk, until I saw that interior trim panel, that looks like '60 or '61 Hawk. It would have been a better contest trying to ID that hulk!

Are you selling the Vin plate, maybe someone could use it if it's still there!
                    Rich.

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Are you selling the Vin plate, maybe someone could use it if it's still there!
                      Rich.
                      Actually, it's been on my display shelf for a year or two now. Anyone need it? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Man, I'm sure glad it's got that "B" pillar, or the structural integrity would really be gone!

OK, just kiddin'--I'm being a wise a*s!

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

It's actually a '60. Or, well, WAS a '60. [:I]

quote:Man, I'm sure glad it's got that "B" pillar, or the structural integrity would really be gone!
                          I still prefer to have a HT. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bullet_nose_stude

Ok, guys, I have no idea where this car is, I just found a search engine and typed the words rusty car. The funny thing is, the guy who took the photo has a very Asian sounding name, and he thinks the car is an Oldsmobile. Here is the link:

Publication books 'Old Rusty Cars in USA' by Masaki Imai. Part1.

I guess one could say that the tone and demeanor of my remarks would seem to indicate that I may indeed harbor certain racial stereotypes concerning the Asian experience with American automobiles.

[)]If you read each page of the author's verse, you'll notice that the pictures do not necessarily go with the verse. He later mentions a Studebaker in field surrounded by small white flowers. I believe he knew the bullet nose was indeed a Studebaker.[8D]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

I could probally have you beat for rustiest car award...I dragged out a 53 commander coupe that was upside down in the woods since 1963! The roof was literally GONE due to rust, and the car pulled out in pieces. I wish I still had pictures of it; they were on my previous computer when it died.

It did give me a much needed V8 overdrive trans though!

Comment

Working...
                              X