reverse/back-up light part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse/back-up light part #

I looked in the Body Parts Catalog, but I can't find any parts no's. for a reverse light or back-up light. All I can find in the accessory section is trunk light...is that the same? Reason I ask is I have an early 53 (tri-bar) reverse light that I have no use for, but I have no idea if is for a sedan or a c/k. I cant find any part numbers on the housing, or the reflector, but the lens has the number LL CO.3290 cast on the inside, cast on the outside is STC and 4-H-B. I'm thinking this is for the driver's side. How do I find out what the application for this light is? Thanks, Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

IIRC, the front and back faces of the lamp housings were closer to parallel for the sedans because of the shape of the trunks. Try placing it on your Champion and see how it fits. If you can't make it point straight back no matter which way you turn it, then it should be for a sedan.

Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 Dr Wagon
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I held it up to the trunk and it looks like it may be for a c/k, but it's hard to tell for sure because the mounting studs are so long. Why can't I find this in the Body Parts Catalog? Junior

sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Try looking under electrical.

Comment

Thanks Dave, the part no's are in 'electrical' in the Chassis catalog, not the body catalog. Have part no's now but still doesn't help me as I can't find no part numbers on the light itself. Oh well. Does anyone need a back up lamp, driver's side, early 53? Junior.

sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Look at the bottom of the bezel (narrow part). The sedan bezel is thick, perhaps 1/4 to 7/16 in. The C/K is thin, perhaps 1/8 to 1/4 in.
            Bo

Comment

Working...
            X