This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 2dr in Visialia! Hey Mr. Biggs!!

Hey Mr. Biggs![:0] This one is in your neighborhood! Isn't it?

Have you seen this car? Can you tell us anything about it?

Looks really nice in the pictures![8D]
    All except the seats. The front one looks... funky. The back looks, um, fuzzy.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

I think it's parked in front of the Portuguese hall in those photos. I wonder how many Studebakers there are around Visalia. Mr. Biggs have you every researched that? I guess that would be hard to determine. You might be able to find out how many were sold through the local dealership(s) but it's probably impossible to know what's still around. What's your guess?

Tom_CentralValley
    Three Rivers, CA
    1955 Commander 4 dr
    Tom
    Three Rivers, CA
    1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

I think it's parked in front of the Portuguese hall in those photos. I wonder how many Studebakers there are around Visalia. Mr. Biggs have you every researched that? I guess that would be hard to determine. You might be able to find out how many were sold through the local dealership(s) but it's probably impossible to know what's still around. What's your guess?

Tom_CentralValley
      Three Rivers, CA
      1955 Commander 4 dr
      Tom
      Three Rivers, CA
      1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Larks, Hawks and other feathered creatures all flock to wherever Biggsy is, didn't you know?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Larks, Hawks and other feathered creatures all flock to wherever Biggsy is, didn't you know?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I've walked around this car. Even made mention of it here awhile back. Notice that there's no true side shots featured amongst the photos.[}] That's because you'd be able to see the full-length bulge of rust along the rear edge of the front fenders.
            Also, reviewing those photos, it's amazing how all the dents and wrinkles this thing has, don't show in the pictures!
            On the street the For Sale sign tells of it's bargain price of $4500 bucks.[:0] I won't be bidding[xx(]

Tom, there's no way to even begin to know how many Stude are still in this area. Every time I think I've learned of the last one to discover, two more pop up. (heh - like your 55)
            There's also no way to tell how many were sold thru the dealer here - Switzer & Jordan. What records were kept were trashed in the early 70s. That I learned by talking to Switzer's daughters.
            Switzer sold part of his parts inventory to a loacl parts place when he shut down in '65. The rest of the parts (sheet metal, trim, etc.) was bought up by a Stude parts vendor who systematically worked their way thru the state in the early 70s. A few old dealers escaped the search, but only because they'd gone completely out of business or just didn't want to sell what they had left OR had already sold (even trashed!) what inventory they had after Stude stopped building cars.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've walked around this car. Even made mention of it here awhile back. Notice that there's no true side shots featured amongst the photos.[}] That's because you'd be able to see the full-length bulge of rust along the rear edge of the front fenders.
              Also, reviewing those photos, it's amazing how all the dents and wrinkles this thing has, don't show in the pictures!
              On the street the For Sale sign tells of it's bargain price of $4500 bucks.[:0] I won't be bidding[xx(]

Tom, there's no way to even begin to know how many Stude are still in this area. Every time I think I've learned of the last one to discover, two more pop up. (heh - like your 55)
              There's also no way to tell how many were sold thru the dealer here - Switzer & Jordan. What records were kept were trashed in the early 70s. That I learned by talking to Switzer's daughters.
              Switzer sold part of his parts inventory to a loacl parts place when he shut down in '65. The rest of the parts (sheet metal, trim, etc.) was bought up by a Stude parts vendor who systematically worked their way thru the state in the early 70s. A few old dealers escaped the search, but only because they'd gone completely out of business or just didn't want to sell what they had left OR had already sold (even trashed!) what inventory they had after Stude stopped building cars.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

But guys...you can't pass this one up! It's "ready to go CURSIN" !

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

LOL! Yeah, I'd like to see how it does that.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

LOL! Yeah, I'd like to see how it does that.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I noticed that the pictures were neither clear nor close. That's why I asked the Biggs! Also, noticed the very conspicuous absence of engine compartment pictures. It's amazing how many used car salesmen there are...[}]

Steve![:0] You might be better off with the 'quiet elegance' cruiser over this one...

By the way, my '62 Champ came with Capitol Studebaker licence plate frames. The original plates still had the '62 sticker on them and DMV wouldn't let me keep them. They are '63 plates. I still have them, just can't use them. Had a devil of a time getting the ruddy things off. They were rusted on.

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

I noticed that the pictures were neither clear nor close. That's why I asked the Biggs! Also, noticed the very conspicuous absence of engine compartment pictures. It's amazing how many used car salesmen there are...[}]

Steve![:0] You might be better off with the 'quiet elegance' cruiser over this one...

By the way, my '62 Champ came with Capitol Studebaker licence plate frames. The original plates still had the '62 sticker on them and DMV wouldn't let me keep them. They are '63 plates. I still have them, just can't use them. Had a devil of a time getting the ruddy things off. They were rusted on.

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X