So many posting pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many posting pictures!

What an array of picture contributors we've got! Rich started it all with Eye Candy; now we've got Chris Dresbach, two excellent series from Mr. Quinn, Gary's after-dinner mint, and Junior's retrobaker- even parts candy.

I think this is fan-tabulous! On a rare occasion we have a few that inexplicably grumble about "too many" picture threads, but to me that makes no sense- the more pictures of Studes and related items, the better!

It should be noted that lots of large pictures in unlabeled posts do get to be a problem for dial-uppers; especially annoying is quoting a post without deleting the picture code, thereby needlessly repeating the same picture But those posting picture-specific threads, keep 'em coming! If one knows it's a photo thread, they can easily choose not to open it; but from the large majority of us, THANK YOU ALL!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I had to read that whole thing and not one picture? Sheeesh.

Comment

Yeah! Where are the pictures? With a thread title like that I was expecting hours of fun.

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

On a rare occasion we have a few that inexplicably grumble about "too many" picture threads, which is akin to complaining about making too much money, seeing too many pretty girls... Those kind of people always have the option of sitting on the keyboard, gazing skyward and counting ceiling tiles instead.

Thanks all who have taken the time to litter this place with a variety of pictures. It is one of the many things that makes this forum a worthwhile experience, not to mention that I even learn a thing or two now and then. LH

whirling dervish of misinformation
        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Here's a pic of the picture takers..and a girl...and a Stude...and a bike.. Is that redundant?
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

quote:Originally posted by bams50

On a rare occasion we have a few that inexplicably grumble about "too many" picture threads, which is akin to complaining about making too much money, seeing too many pretty girls... Those kind of people always have the option of sitting on the keyboard, gazing skyward and counting ceiling tiles instead.
          Thanks all who have taken the time to litter this place with a variety of pictures. It is one of the many things that makes this forum a worthwhile experience, not to mention that I even learn a thing or two now and then. LH

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Here's a pic of the picture takers..and a girl...and a Stude...and a bike.. Is that redundant?
            Jeff[8D]
            That's what I'm talkin' about! The only thing missing is the bucket of chicken...[] LH

Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I love the pictures. For years I never cared about anything but bullet noses. Now I am starting to see the beauty in several different models.

Doug
              Venice, Florida
              1950 Champion
              9G F1

Comment

Mee Too!!![8D] Ithink its real "KQQL" to see all these pictures of beautiful cars & trucks in all phases Keepin Studes alive----- I love it!! Thanks

Comment

Inever tire of the pictures

Tom

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1

Inever tire of the pictures
                    And I love posting them when the need arises![^]

Craig

Comment

Seeing pictures of original or well done restored examples has given me an appreciation for some I didn't have when all I saw was modifieds or rust buckets. I have dial-up and it's worth the wait. Keep posting.

Comment

Actually I don't really care for it, with the number of photos being posted daily there's a good argument for a Photo Album section. Some will say to just overlook them, they said that about off-topic threads before the Stovehugger section was create, that's fine but when you're overlooking half the posts for the day that's a little much.

Comment

Hey, How's Jeff Dunham doing?
                          Tell him I said hello.
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Walter

Actually I don't really care for it, with the number of photos being posted daily there's a good argument for a Photo Album section. Some will say to just overlook them, they said that about off-topic threads before the Stovehugger section was create, that's fine but when you're overlooking half the posts for the day that's a little much.
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

My problem with this, is that this is supposed to be an INFORMATIONAL General Studebaker Specific column and these Pics NEVER have any info: who, when, where, what or anything, not even crediting the owner of either the car or the Pic. [V]

Except of course Richard's wonderful Factory Pics which we do at least know who owns them! []

Maybe a Pic page is the way to go, don't really know.

StudeRich
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Hey, How's Jeff Dunham doing?
                              Tell him I said hello.
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Walter

Who???

Comment

Working...
                              X