Packard Hawk picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk picture

I bought my Packard Hawk with no lettering on the front fiberglass. I am at the point in the restoration where I have to drill the holes for the word "Packard" across the front. Can someone send me a front on, closeup picture of their PH? Or is a template available? Any help appreciated.

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

I can supply a template, though if you check the back side you may find that the nose cone already has holes which have been filled. The letters were available from SASCO & SI should still be able to supply them, though probably at a slightly higher price.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

quote:Originally posted by larryyano

Larry Y
      North Wales, PA
      Larry - How about some more details/pics of those nice looking C-Cabs in your signature pic?? []

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      "Star Performers with Saving Ways!"

Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Larry, keep your eye on EBAY. Last year I bought complete set of NOS letters for $45.00 . At that time seller had 3 sets left. Sorry I can't come up with sellers name.

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.
        sigpic

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.

Comment

Thanks, I got the pictures I was looking for. I already have the letters, but thanks for your input.

Larry Y
          North Wales, PA
          Larry Y
          North Wales, PA

Comment

Hi Larry, I did'nt have letters for mine as well. I found two sets on e-bay at different times-- Got them for $25 a set,just last year. Letters are the same on car & Wagon hoods--- Good luck, If you can see the back side of your grille shell you should be able to see the holes,just use an awl to push holes through---Frankie[8D]

Comment

Thanks, that's a beautiful car and luckily, I do have the letters. There was some work done on the fiberglass and the placement is not obvious from either side.

Larry Y
              North Wales, PA
              Larry Y
              North Wales, PA

Comment

You gotta wonder why P O would remove them and settle for small script. Your nose looks kinda funny [xx(] without those big bold letters. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

Working...
                X