Edelbrock 1406 question for the techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock 1406 question for the techs

I hook mine up to the ignition positive with chassis ground.
    1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

What kind of transmission does your car have? The choke pulls a lot of juice, and will adversely affect performance if you hook the choke to the coil, or the ignition circuit. I hooked mine to the overdrive wire. I have a 4-speed, and so do not use that wire. Photo enclosed.

Comment

Well I have an automatic 700R4 OD. Am not sure I have an electrical wire going to my tranny? is this mandatory to have on all tranny? I do know i have the tranny kickdown cable. Am learning new things about this car as I work on it, when I bought it had the 350 and the tranny already installed.
      1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Comment

you can use a bosch style 30 amp relay to power the choke, trigger the relay off the 12 volt side of your ballast resistor

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did you get an adapter for the transmission TV cable to the carb hook-up? Very important http://www.transmissioncenter.net/subject.htm scroll to the bottom for a picture. I aree that you shouldn't use the 12 volt wire to tne coil. I've used an ignition powered wire to the wipers frequently with no problems.

There should be a wire going to the trans to power the torque converter lock up solenoid but if it's installed correctly it wouldn't be live when your foot is on the brake. If there is no wire then you will not have lock up and you may cause damage to the trans.

ErnieR

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Comment

I hooked my 12 volt wire to the hot lead from my (now removed) A/C unit.Double checked it with a test light.

Comment

I ran mine through a oil pressure switch so it doesn't work until the engine starts. I seem to recall some
              factory hook-ups connected to the S terminal on the alternator(not all alt. are equipped with this terminal) which would accomplishe the same thing.

Comment

You live in Florida....you're just like us in CA.
                You don't need a choke...!

Same carburetor, 59 Lark, 259, 2dr. wagon...no choke...starts fine.
                Keep the rpm up with your foot for about 30 seconds...your off to the mall..

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X