sun. retrobaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun. retrobaker

It didn't take too long for this guy to get the can opener out and peel back this Stude's roof. I wonder if this was the first 53 roadster conversion? Would have been a very striking car in it's day. Personally, I would have either gone with a full frameless top edge of the windshield with petite chrome or stainless posts, or gone with a full frame, but not the half'n half look of this one...(big words from a guy who can't even figure out how to make his vent doors work on his own car) Too bad Studebaker never produced convertible version of their own. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

How many windshields do you suppose this owner had to install why onwing this car with the body flex that was happening during driving?[:0]

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps none. It was customary back in the day to fiberglass the entire floor pan area and continue the fiberglass up onto the inside side panels of the car to gain rigidity. It works well. It doesn't last as well as steel reinforcing, but it does work.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

The most beautiful car you have shown to date.
        Every (finished) '53 convertible I have ever seen, I fell in love with.

Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Junior Did you see my reply to you on Sals 37 Coupe post?
          Brian

Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

If Studebaker did produce converibles in 53-64 There would only be a handful of guys that could afford them today, they would be pride possessions today.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

As far as I know, Chuck Stuart is still alive and living in the Indianapolis area. He recently (with in the past 10 years or so) sold his part of Masters Collision to the Hubler Group.
              I wonder if this car is still around somewhere?

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X