1961 hawk moulding clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 hawk moulding clips

I just polished all my stainless steel and would like to loccate all the clips so the after paint party goes smoothe, where can I get the smaller clips for the rear fin moulding? The door moulding is easy 1157j in RS book. All the small clips broke up on removel of the part[:0]

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

I think you're going to find those original clips as unavailable and worth their weight in gold if you do. They're a one year only clip as far as I know. Ray Fichthorn is probably the leading expert on '61 Hawks (owns three and has fully restored at least two more including mine) and we were missing two or three when doing my '61 Hawk. I don't know if there's anything out there that will substitute without a lot of modification.

Lee

Comment

I think you're going to find those original clips as unavailable and worth their weight in gold if you do. They're a one year only clip as far as I know. Ray Fichthorn is probably the leading expert on '61 Hawks (owns three and has fully restored at least two more including mine) and we were missing two or three when doing my '61 Hawk. I don't know if there's anything out there that will substitute without a lot of modification.

Lee

Comment

I restored a 1941 studebaker with a small moulding on the doors, when I bought the first set of clips these were to small the second set was perfect. I am going to look in the 1997 bin to see if I have those clips.I got 50 for 10 dollars. If they will slip into the moulding they will work. I have been up to Restoration specialty some years back and they taught me that a clip as long as it one clings to the attaching metal and two fit between the rails of the moulding will work. The guy that did your restoration, is he on the internet? I would like to talk to him.

Studebakers forever!
        Studebakers forever!

Comment

I restored a 1941 studebaker with a small moulding on the doors, when I bought the first set of clips these were to small the second set was perfect. I am going to look in the 1997 bin to see if I have those clips.I got 50 for 10 dollars. If they will slip into the moulding they will work. I have been up to Restoration specialty some years back and they taught me that a clip as long as it one clings to the attaching metal and two fit between the rails of the moulding will work. The guy that did your restoration, is he on the internet? I would like to talk to him.

Studebakers forever!
          Studebakers forever!

Comment

Aren't those clips the same as the ones that hold the trunk overlay on a GT Hawk? I know I have seen them for sale at swap meets, but I can't remember who had them.

Or do you mean the clips for the stainless lower fin molding?

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Aren't those clips the same as the ones that hold the trunk overlay on a GT Hawk? I know I have seen them for sale at swap meets, but I can't remember who had them.

Or do you mean the clips for the stainless lower fin molding?

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I mean the clips that go to the smaller fin moulding on a 1961 only.I have found a clip that will work, it's a universal clip from rs

Studebakers forever!
                Studebakers forever!

Comment

I mean the clips that go to the smaller fin moulding on a 1961 only.I have found a clip that will work, it's a universal clip from rs

Studebakers forever!
                  Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
                  X