No announcement yet.

Hamilton Plant...a hint of a threat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Plant...a hint of a threat...

Hamilton will be hosting some of the 2015 Pan Am Games events; one of the main "pieces" to come from the Games in our city will be a new football/soccer stadium which will afterward replace the aging facility used by the Tiger-Cats CFL football team. The intended site is near the west (Lake Ontario) harbour, but there is significant opposition to that location, and a coalition of local business leaders is recommending several other sites for consideration instead...one of which is that of the former Studebaker plant on Ferrie Street.

Given that I work in a university athletic department, I was already following the Pan Am efforts with interest...now I have an extra reason to do so. Will keep the forum apprised of anything I hear that might impact the still-very-sound ex-Stude plant here in town...

S.

Possibly tear down ANOTHER part of the Studebaker plant![:0][B)][}] Man, can people use the old car restoration motto "Don't cruse 'em, restore 'em!", well, "Don't demolish, refurbish!"[8D][^]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris--

Yeah...and the local plant is in really good nick, too. Truth told I'll be a bit surprised if that location is chosen: it's a rather tough neighbourhood in which to plonk a showpiece stadium...time will tell.

S.

Comment

Working...
      X