FUEL PUMP TYPE " B "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUEL PUMP TYPE " B "

Hi...I rebuilt my fuel pump with a kit from S.I. which was a kit for a 1950 Commander...everything went fine, some parts for the kit were slightly different than what I had in the pump but 95% was the same.
    Tried to install the pump in the car and it would not fit. The fuel bowl was right up against the inner fender and I was short 1/2 " to fit it in....so the pump must be for another model car or another year. When I bought the car the pump was in the trunk in a box so I presumed it was the correct one...it is a dual action type B or looks to be...It has an "A" in a circle and says "made in USA" and has the word "IN" in two locations...anyone have any guesses what model it goes to ?...john

Does any one know the fuel bowl location on the correct pump /...I just checked a vendor site and it showed the 1950 Commander fuel bowl off to the side of the pump. The one I have has the pump at the further most back end and that is my problem, the bowl hits the fender...the one I have must be for a champion..

That bottom part of the housing can be turned any way you want on those 6 screws .

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    1966 Daytona
    sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob...YOU SAVED ME $250....I never thought of turning it sideways...I just came back from doing just that and I will install it tomorrow...thank you...thank you...thank you....John

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

That bottom part of the housing can be turned any way you want on those 6 screws .

[IMG]

1960 Champ
      1964 Daytona HT
      1966 Daytona

Comment

Working...
      X