PDA

View Full Version : Avanti interior needed.



John Brayton
03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi All,

I have a 63 R1 Avanti that needs an interior. I see that Phantom Auto works offers one. I'm in Petaluma, CA and logistics could be an issue.
Your thoughts?

Regards,

John Brayton

JDP
03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by John Brayton

Hi All,

I have a 63 R1 Avanti that needs an interior. I see that Phantom Auto works offers one. I'm in Petaluma, CA and logistics could be an issue.
Your thoughts?

Regards,

John Brayton



Shipping upholstery is not a issue. My Avanti seat cover set ships for $30 or so.

JDP/Maryland

okc63avanti
03-04-2010, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by John Brayton

Hi All,

I have a 63 R1 Avanti that needs an interior. I see that Phantom Auto works offers one. I'm in Petaluma, CA and logistics could be an issue.
Your thoughts?

Regards,

John Brayton


John a little clarification. Do you need vinyl and seat covers or do you need actual interior bucket seats and back seat cushions? I have a set of original Avanti buckets and rear seat cushions that I am willing to sale as my car is getting a set of recaro seats.

John

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/AvantionLift.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/jgheads_pandp.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/NewPistons.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/Headson.jpg
63R-2386 under restoration & modification

John Brayton
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi John,

I have seats. I just need EVERYTHING else. We are taking out the bucket seats and replacing them with Honda Civic seats. The Honda seats have a good back and neck support system that will accommodate Trudenka's neck condition. I'm hoping to get seat covers for the back and matching material for the front. Head liner, door panels, rear package tray, rear side panels, and carpet all need recovering. Oh, did I mention a steering wheel?

Regards,

John Brayton

JDP
03-04-2010, 12:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by John Brayton

Hi John,

I have seats. I just need EVERYTHING else. We are taking out the bucket seats and replacing them with Honda Civic seats. The Honda seats have a good back and neck support system that will accommodate Trudenka's neck condition. I'm hoping to get seat covers for the back and matching material for the front. Head liner, door panels, rear package tray, rear side panels, and carpet all need recovering. Oh, did I mention a steering wheel?

Regards,

John Brayton



I can make a factory rear cover, and a matching Honda set for $500 set and sell matching vinyl for the rest. Carpets are $350 set. Studebaker International sells the reproduction headliner.

JDP/Maryland

okc63avanti
03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by John Brayton

Hi John,

I have seats. I just need EVERYTHING else. We are taking out the bucket seats and replacing them with Honda Civic seats. The Honda seats have a good back and neck support system that will accommodate Trudenka's neck condition. I'm hoping to get seat covers for the back and matching material for the front. Head liner, door panels, rear package tray, rear side panels, and carpet all need recovering. Oh, did I mention a steering wheel?

Regards,

John Brayton


These are the seats that I've purchased to go in my Avanti. They are Recaro seats from an Avanti II

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/MISC/Recarofrontdetail.jpg

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/MISC/Recarorearseat-1.jpg

John

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/AvantionLift.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/jgheads_pandp.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/NewPistons.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/Headson.jpg
63R-2386 under restoration & modification

John Brayton
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
What a nice interior! Did you have the panels and rear seat done as well?

Regards,

John Brayton

okc63avanti
03-04-2010, 11:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by John Brayton

What a nice interior! Did you have the panels and rear seat done as well?

Regards,

John Brayton

These are the pics from the previous owners car. The seats were originally from a mid 80's Avanti II. They are leather and when installed in my car, I plan on going with fawn colored upper vinyl, red lower panel door and console vinyl and then a matching carpet color to the seats. The car's exterior is going to be red.

John

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/AvantionLift.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/jgheads_pandp.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/NewPistons.jpghttp://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/okc63avanti/Profile/Headson.jpg
63R-2386 under restoration & modification