Sleeper givaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper givaway

So, the plan was to build a car that looks stock but isn't.

Do you think the exhaust is a givaway that I'm not running a Champion
    six[?][^]

I like the looks of the back-up lights now that I see them with the tail-lights. BTW, under those glass tail-light lenses are LED units.

Got the wiring done from the back. It turned out to be a huge spinal cord containing enough wire to handle the back door power door locks and power windows, two speakers and a third brake light, a power antenna, back up lights, tail lights, a trunk light, license plat light, CD changer and cables for the antenna and changer.[:0]

Should present a challenge to the upholsterers to sweep all that under the rug. []

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Very COOL

Comment

The tips will only be noticed as you pull away! At that point the fact that it's not a Champion will be out of the bag anyway.

ErnieR

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Comment

Hey Jon, I thought you said you were gonna put one of those "F@rt Can" mufflers on it to relate to the young folks?

Loooooking Good!

Pat

Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Pat Dilling

Hey Jon, I thought you said you were gonna put one of those "F@rt Can" mufflers on it to relate to the young folks?

Loooooking Good!
          Sorry - don't remember saying anything about a f@rt can muffler. I do remember telling you we ain't gonna be racing. I will be able to keep up with you though. [^]

Jon Stalnaker
          Editor, Hawk Talks
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Looking really nice. I agree they will only be obvious from the rear.

A thought on the "spinal cord". I split mine on the 54 running about one-half down each side of the tunnel after I put in the insulation. Just taped it in place and after the carpeting was installed the natural curve of the carpet covering it looks pretty normal. Also in the 54 there is a metal ledge that sets under the front of the rear seat. I cut a notch to lay the cable in and then covered it with a heavy plate.

Of course, I used a plastic loom to cover it.

Keep posting, it looks great.

Bob

Comment

Where can I get those backup lenses? I think they'd work on the front of my C Cab for turn signals. (With amber bulbs).

MB

Comment

They are GTO units - not sure of the year. Another fine orphan make.....

I just went to Napa and got some generic lights for my c-cab turn signals. The ones I bought were LED and they work great. Nice and bright.(and cheap)

Jon Stalnaker
                Editor, Hawk Talks
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The Champion is looking nice. Got more pictures to post?

Jon,
                  I like your picture of the truck grill.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Sdude

They are GTO units - not sure of the year. Another fine orphan make.....
                    Those are from '66; they mount in the bumper.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:
                      Those are from '66; they mount in the bumper.
                      Yep, that looks like the ones. They had a slight curvature in them that fit perfectly where they were placed. The front fenders on the C Cab are flat so they would not work there. (without modifications)

Gary, I've got a ton of pictures and have been posting them periodically. I'm waiting for the front end to be put back on it so we can get a good shot of it from the front. If you have any particular part you want to see, send me a PM and I will send it to you if I have it.[8D]

Jon Stalnaker
                      Editor, Hawk Talks
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Was that tag light on it originally? Looks like the one on my 51 business coupe. What models used these?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

This 51 gets me fired up.
                          Love the engineering involved, the color (a good example for the other post on "yellows"), and the fact that its a 4 door. Coolest thing on here since Songers black 56 build. Post more pictures anytime!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

Was that tag light on it originally? Looks like the one on my 51 business coupe. What models used these?
                            It was a Custom 4dr Sedan model which is the basic car. Poor thing had no radio or heater. I struggled with replacing the tag light to the winged version of the more deluxe models but decided against it. This model also came with painted headlight and taillight bezels. I decided to chrome those.

Thanks for the compliment Dan. Just imagine how "fired up" I'm getting. I've been waiting 6.5 years to see this done and it's finally getting close. I plan to drive the car to Glendale. I have been putting together a book and plan to keep it with the car. I have TONS of pictures.[][^]

Jon Stalnaker
                            Editor, Hawk Talks
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                            X