Project eye candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project eye candy

These are a few pictures of the 54 coupe Fred is doing in my shop, the other day I posted that this coupe was total rust free, well Fred told me yesterday that there was some very minor pin holes in the floor on the driver side, he has informed the owner to come and take a look and make a decision on doing floors or not, Fred feel they should be done since this is going to be one of the finest coupes out there, even as nice as the tin work looks now he has already started to block sand the trunk to get it perfect, for some reason he is not happy unless all is perfect when he gets done, here take a look, also Fred is looking for more to do so if any one is interested get in touch with me or Fred, Fred is Fred K on the forum...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
    Castro Valley,
    California

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

very nice work

Comment

Replace those floors because of a few spots? I wouldn't.
      I've done floors. I'd rather have a few well done patches on mostly original floors than a mile of welding seams.

Comment

Dan I think that's what was meant when he said do the floors and He just called and owner said yes lets do it right and fix as needed,this is what is good about Fred and his work is his integrity do the best but always make owners part of the decisions....Bob

Candbstudebakrs
        Castro Valley,
        California

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

You California guys are way too picky when it comes to rust. Junk there is gold in South and I won't even start on the Northeast.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
          1954 Champion Coupe
          Lizella, GA
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

These are a few pictures of the 54 coupe Fred is doing in my shop

Candbstudebakrs
            Castro Valley,
            California
            Fred, as in the fantastic Mr. Fox?

Andy
            62 GT

Andy
            62 GT

Comment

No Fred K. not Fox.

Candbstudebakrs
              Castro Valley,
              California

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Very nice start to a "project"

I like the "project eye candy" title, with projects taking years to complete, it sure is nice to see photo updates on projects.
                Being on the forum for a short 2 years, I can see there are going to be some nice Studebakers completed in the near future.

I should have some new photo's of my project to post in a couple weeks, nothing flashy about parts and engine compartments...but paint is around the corner. []

ChopStu

119 weeks till completion.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that first pic makes the body look like a fantasy on top of a chassis. Just beautiful!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

This car will be done in months not years, who's next?, Thanks for the plug Bob.

fred

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

You California guys are way too picky when it comes to rust. Junk there is gold in South and I won't even start on the Northeast.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                      1954 Champion Coupe
                      Lizella, GA
                      Heck, should see the midwest![:0][B)]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                      Parts of the 1952 Model N
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I am from the midwest only 12 years on the west coast, it all depends where in the midwest as to how rusty the car, I have found many rust free cars west of lincolin nebraska and down into kansas ect.

fred

Comment

It depends a lot on the owner and how car was stored. My 63 Avanti was shipped from South Bend to Ft. Myers, Florida where it was a one owner car until approx 2000. The original owner had the car undercoated by dealer and kept it garaged when not it use. During the restoration the frame was almost rust free with only a spot about the size of a quarter on the thin circular cross tube in the rear needing repair. The worst rust was in the metal that makes up the front windshield and roof support, but Mike Myer was able to cut out bad and tack weld new metal into that frame without having to cut any fiberglass. He told me that some cars from other parts of the country have frames so bad they have to be replaced or essentially reconstructed. My guess is my windshield frame rust was caused by condensation moisture getting under chrome trim and behind windshield gasket and the reason my frame was in such great shape was due to undercoating and the fact that although Florida is near coast they don't have to use salt on their roads in the winter. My point is it depends on how car was maintained and how it was stored more so than its local.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
                          sigpic
                          John
                          63R-2386
                          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

OK, Here Goes.
                            This was my parent's Stude, when my twin sister and I were born in 1958. We came home after our delivery at Providence Hospital/Oakland in this car.
                            As I feel, this is not only my restoration, but a major part my Mom and Dad's dreams, as well as those of my siblings I appreciate to a great degree Fred's attention to detail and it adds to the closeness of our family.
                            Thanks Fred
                            Bob

Bob McHugh
                            Alameda CA

Comment

Fred want this to be first class all the way with his name on it, and it will be...we can do your also...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X