• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to calm down.

WELL SAID DOUG.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Good advice , thanks Doug

Comment

I certainly don't understand all of this quitting stuff. Just don't get it. Maybe I live in a Pollyanna world, but I do know that each of us has our own opinion, and a right to it. I have had people offer differing opinions from mine, and it just doesn't bother me. After all, mine is different from someone else's.

There is SO much knowledge out there among our members, and when one quits we lose a wealth of knowledge. Not fair to us dummies.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

This 'Seasonal Affective Disorder' to afflict some every year, and it affects their actions. Time to recognize the symptoms and get medical attention perhaps???

2009: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Terms=seasonal

2008: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Terms=seasonal

Craig

Comment

It is time for us to step up. Yes we have lost some very good contributors, but I bet there are some great people out there who have traditionally been lurkers. They need to have their voice be heard and carry on for the sake of Studebakering. If we can turn this into something fun and positive again people will come back. If they don't that is their choice.

66 Commander R1 Clone
            51 Commander 4dr
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Y'all can't git rid of me that easy. I agree
              with you guys. This is all great fun to me. I
              learn from it, and hope I can help others some.
              This is not rocket science, and most of the time,
              no one's life depends on the decisions made here.
              Easy does it, and lighten up, can go a long way.
              I miss some of the one's that are not posting, but
              I also enjoy the one's here.

Tex in Alabama

Comment

Well put Doug. I agree whole heartedly. Some of us can be a little sarcastic at times without meaning to offend.
                Good Roads.
                Brian

Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

This 'Seasonal Affective Disorder'

2009: (link)

2008: (link)
                  Craig, couldn't have said it better myself. Last year I tried defusing it with the "You might be a CASO" thread. Maybe I should think about making that an annual project, starting right after Christmas?

OBTW: There's still no snow on Mauna Kea, folks, but it's rained here almost all day every day for a week EXCEPT Tsunami Tsaturday. THAT was bright and clear and HOT. [8D]

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                  In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                  If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Well said Doug.

As I've said previously, I do not understand how leaving the forum in a pique forwards the Marque that most of the ex-residents profess to hold dear.[?][?]

Bob

Comment

+1

Andy
                      62 GT

Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

We come here because we enjoy it. It is a great place to see beautiful cars and to meet other like minded people. We can also learn a lot if we want to. If you come here to be stroked, complimented or loved, then you are probably in the wrong place. I have had people question me, insult me and in general be pretty inconsiderate of me. So what! I will keep posting the way I want until the forum moderator cuts me off.
                        Doug, you nailed my sentiments as well. You and Lori have written excellent posts right when they were needed, so please allow me to tie hers with yours:

It's great to see good folks ready- and able- to step in and push back the poison that tries to sneak in here from time to time. Big thanks![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

My momma always said,"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC
                          Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                          1958 Commander "Christine"
                          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                          1955 Commander Sedan
                          1964 Champ
                          1960 Lark

Comment

You may be missing the point. Most sane people realize that even
                            when they are right on an issue, others may disagree. It happens.
                            And even though the person who disagrees is wrong, there is no harm.
                            But when a person resorts to name calling and insults, that is a
                            different issue, and when other forum members don't object, that
                            is a problem. We should act like adults, even if we find that
                            difficult. The notion that we need a moderator to step in and
                            referee these disputes could be the problem. It should be
                            understood that stupid immature behavior is not acceptable, and
                            not tolerated.

Comment

James, you are 100% right, but we are dealing with human beings. Whenever you get a group of people together some of them are going to be disagreeable. I belong to several forums - RVs, dogs, kayaking, hiking, and fishing - the best ones are the ones that have moderators that keep things from getting out of hand. Life happens and unfortunately, we are not all mature, grown up people.

Doug
                              Venice, Florida
                              1950 Champion
                              9G F1

Comment

Working...
                              X