Not the first-- won't be the last...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the first-- won't be the last...

Well, it was bound to happen, and now I think it finally has. You see- I spend alot of time trying to word my posts to say what I mean. Sometimes my posts still manage to get misinterpeted. It's happening too much lately. I don't have time to back-pedal anymore.
    One easy fix---

LEAVE!!!

So now that it would seem I've upset more then just a few folks, and have allowed more then a few folks upset me- I think I'll do just that. I'm not going out with as much 'bang' as others have in the past, but I am going to be alot less 'here' as I have been.

Last one out hit the lights-

and have a nice day.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

DAVE .... I never once read one of your post that I misinterpreted. Maybe because I feel like I got to know you Monday night chats, I understand your good natured humor .... If you need to take a break, take one but DO NOT LEAVE !

and Dave as you often said .... "She is in good hands"

Thanks,

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Dave, offending people and being offended by people is a common occurance in everyday conversations. That doesnt mean that we should lock ourselves in a room and never speak again. If you've offended someone here tonight, they will be over it by tomorrow. I don't think any of us want you or any other avid Studebaker fan to leave. Now shut up and be happy! LOL

Autumn at Lake Barget
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Dave, like you say no worries. Don't sweat it stick around your too valuable here and Monday night chat wouldn't be the same, just blow it off like I do. Shane

<div align="left">Shane Kendrick</div id="left"><div align="left">Kennewick, WA</div id="left">

Comment

Dave, leave if you want and come back when you want, like everybody else can. Participation in any forum- or hobby for that matter- isn't worth it if you don't feel you're enjoying it. We'll miss you. Hope things get better soon!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I agree with Dave ..come and go at you own leasure...

Comment

Well, Dave, I luv ya. BUT I don't agree with the "leave if you want" concept. I've only been around here for a couple of years, but you have provided me with a lot of companionship and guidance. I haven't a clue why you feel a need to leave, and it isn't my business, but friend, you gotta know how many lives you WON'T be affecting if you shut up. That is a loss to thousands of people. We don't know how big our little ripples are on the pond, but we all have ripples. Ripples that go beyond sight and awareness. Without those ripples, the water is stagnant and still. You are quite a ripple maker. Please consider your contribution to the lives of unknown others before putting your light under a basket.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Aah, come on Dave, Stick with us, I for one will
                miss-ya. What do you expect from a bunch of old
                farts? Heck most of us won't even remember what we
                mad about tomorrow.

Tex in Alabama

Comment

I don't read every post and I haven't a clue whats going down here that everyone is getting all twisted up over but hey Dave hang in here ....we all can't be that bad

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                  "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  1966 Daytona
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

dave,you have a right to say what you want. i have a lot of friends who i do not agree with and they consider me an extream riht wing nut case and maybe they are right.but my cloesest friends are all just like me.when retired a lot of people who i though would never say ood bye to me were standing in line when i walked out on that last day,shaking my hand and saying that they had learned more about life from me than anyone had ever taught them.i was oing to be missed. did not hit me unt`il i was outside the building. and such is life.never quit never give in always stand your ground.the only good defence is a good offence. we need you dave.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Dave

Every morning (except Sunday) five to eight of we old folks get together and discuss a lot of current issues and also relive the past.

The assemblage runs the gamit from conservatives to liberal leaning, from ex cops to ex-chemists to ex iron workers to ex-GM assembly workers.

We argue, we pound the table, we leave and we come back every day to do it again.

WHY? Because we are friends that will do anything for each other. We also understand that the verbage is opinion and not personal.

I can only wish that the forum can rise to that level.

Bob

Comment

Dave, for what, 25 years or more in the Navy, you didn't go a.w.o.l. over folks not being on the same page with you, did you? Think about how many times you just shook your head back then, buddy. No need to do it now, even though there are much smaller consequences. Like none... but, hang in there. Not worth it!

Comment

Hey Dave, sorry to hear this! I haven't been able to keep up with the forum lately, because of work and life, and was severely dissapointed to find the forum like this. I sure hope you change your mind, I've enjoyed your contributions and learned from them as well!

Dylan Wills
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                          X