PDA

View Full Version : Lark Parts-York Delivery

LarkTruck
03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Parted out two 60 Larks, and many others over the years. Have lots of mechanical stuff, suspensions-V-8 brake drums, steering boxes. Also 56 Hawk & GT Hawk steering boxes. Hawk fan shroud.
See ad on Feb. Swap Page or email your needs. SORRY, NO SHEET METAL (BODY PARTS)
WILL DELIVER TO YORK!

email: jcsinclair@frontiernet.net

ph 717-413-8157

Jim S.

DKing
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I am looking to ad overdrive to a 64 Commander. I have a 63 lark OD transmission, the electrical harness w/kickdown switch. What I think I'm missing is the bracket to mount the kickdown switch on the accelerator linkage bracket on the dash panel, the bracket, cable, handle that mounts under the dash and runs to the OD unit on the transmission and the harness that attaches to the starter solenoid to the kickdown switch. If there are any other bits that I'm unaware of, any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks
David

[img=left]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_SuHaRG4eFas/SevU9Pcl-jI/AAAAAAAACJs/cRB5QokGtEs/s288/DSC01155.JPG[/img=left]
David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K

StudeRich
03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Sounds good however, this: /Cut/"I'm missing is the bracket to mount the kickdown switch on the accelerator linkage bracket on the dash panel, carburator linkage on the dash"./Cut/

Is really: the Carb. to gas pedal linkage for an Overdrive car, NOT the same as Std. or Automatic, MOUNTED on the engine side of the firewall. A hard to find item. [^]

StudeRich

DKing
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the update StudeRich. I was looking at the parts manual to determine what I was missing. I'm an ex GM guy, so my terminology defaults to what know from them. The parts manual read that the OD bracket was used on all manual 6 cyl. cars, so I was disappointed when I went and looked to see that mine that did not have it. With a photo of one in the area, or a shot of the lose pieces with scale next to them, I could fabricate something that would work. My hope that a parted out car could be found w/these bits.
David

[img=left]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_SuHaRG4eFas/SevU9Pcl-jI/AAAAAAAACJs/cRB5QokGtEs/s288/DSC01155.JPG[/img=left]
David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K